The one and only fuzz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one and only fuzz thread

If you were forced to pick one fuzz pedal and ONLY one fuzz pedal, what would it be?

I've left the question intentionally open-ended, because I don't want to make this about me. What pedal do YOU like best, what do you use it for, and why?

If your answer includes more than one pedal, you fail.

Re: The one and only fuzz thread

Keeley Twilight mod MT-2.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Old HBE Germania

Comment

The purple Danelectro one you can buy for $20.
        It has a lot of volume, gain goes from sqeeky clean boost to fuzzageddon, and into a crunchy amp it gives a nice raspy sound with the gain down.

I have only played two other fuzz pedals, but one was a fuzz face clone and one was a muff clone and it wss genuinely better than either one (although I assume the circuit is based on one of those two?)

Comment

My Fulltone '69.

Comment

The Foxx Tone Machine clone I have. Great octave fuzz, works nicely over clean, crunch or distorted tone, on-off toggle for the octave, so I can also get "normal" fuzz tones.

Comment

3 I could mention, but my Analogman Sunface NKT Red Dot is the one that never leaves my board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Devi Ever USA or Bit
                Originally posted by King Buzzo
                I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

got a few i really like but if i only get one, its the analogman red dot sunface. a great example of what a germanium fuzzface should and can be. all the shades of dirt i could want between 10 and 2 on the guitar volume knob.

Comment

Black Arts Toneworks Coven.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Probably one of the ones Ive built just because they are good and sentimental.

But the one I used the most besides the home brew was Russian Green Big Muff Pi
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Big Muff. Either ram's head or triangle, I can make 'em both work.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I’m not a big metal ‘chugger’ but the inability to do that on a Muff (and the way it treats natural/pinch harmonics) bothers me a bit. Only tried recent versions though.
                          Originally posted by King Buzzo
                          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

If you want to chug and do pinch harmonics, get a distortion.
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              If you want to chug and do pinch harmonics, get a distortion.
                              I like Rats for pinching and squealing.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X