banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedal to help give my sound a little bit more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal to help give my sound a little bit more.

Hey all,
    Recently I purchased an AC15 with an alnico blue speaker and it's safe to say I love it! I originally thought that I would be using it more as a pedal platform on the normal channel, using stuff such as the RAT 2, but cranking the channel volume in the top boost combined with my ssl-5 in the bridge gives me a tone that I absolutely love. I no longer feel as if I really need to invest in tonnes of overdrive and distortion pedals anymore. However I was wondering if there would perhaps be some sort of pedal which I could add to my cranked AC15 to give it a bit more cut (really cut through in a live setting), and definition perhaps? I was thinking something along the lines of a treble booster, or maybe a clean boost, but I am completely inexperienced in this area so I thought I would get the help of some more knowledgeable individuals. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks!

Re: Pedal to help give my sound a little bit more.

Treble booster would be a good starting point here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Transparent Boost
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

a treble boost sounds like exactly what you want.

Comment

Treble boost, EQ or something like an RC booster that is clean and can be tuned

Comment

Somebody on another thread asked what to use to boost a Plexi. I will tell you what I told them: Keeley Katana.

Comment

The Rat 2 you already have might work well. Turn the gain way down and the volume way up, then mess with the filter knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                The Rat 2 you already have might work well. Turn the gain way down and the volume way up, then mess with the filter knob.
                Or, turn the volume to unity and the gain to 12 with the tone at about 1 o'clock.

Comment

An EQ pedal can help, too. If you need just flat-out volume to cut through, look at the Pickup Booster.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A Boss BD-2 works well as a transparent boost, or as a slightly gritty gain stage. (They're also capable of a huge amount of gain - right up to fuzz levels if you need it.) The tone can be tweaked to add a lot of cut if you need that too.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have a Visual Sound Trutone (clean boost), T-rex Luxury drive (boost), T-Rex Alberta (tubescreamer), EWS Fuzzy Drive (turn up the tone like a treble booster), that works well with my AC-15.
                      Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                      http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        An EQ pedal can help, too. If you need just flat-out volume to cut through, look at the Pickup Booster.
                        I saw one of these on Craigslist near me not that long ago. I was going to pounce just to see what they are about. However it was very reasonably priced and got snagged rather quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A have a tc electronic mini spark. It is really useful for the purpose.

Comment

EH LPB-1 anyone? I had one built into my custom build "Cornhole" overdrive that gives high gain amps more of what I want, without adding anything I don't or taking away anything I do and having the switchable LPB-1 lets my push clean to low-gain amps into metal territory from classic metal to all out fuzz. Have you considered building a pedal? I took the schematic from an overdrive I liked the most but wanted to change certain things about and just compared components on a breadboard until it was perfect. You get a more personalized tone that way too.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

If you are looking to cut thought the mix I would suggest a Bohemian Boost by BBE. It is based on the Dallas Rangemaster circuit but has a bias knob that allows you to dial it into its sweet spot. I have a few Rangemaster clones this is my favorite. It also sounds great alone or stacked on overdrive or distortion.

I would also like to suggest the MOSKY Golden Horse, dial in the gain low and use it to kick the amp a little bit. It is a Klon clone that sounds fantastic the nice thing is it is $18.50 with shipping.

Last edited by Securb; 08-14-2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X