Bi Coloured Led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi Coloured Led

Can this looper be wired to use a bi coloured led?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2 looperwithled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	5852622
    The Blues is just a bald man with a comb

Re: Bi Coloured Led

You can wire it the same as the current Led but ground it on lug 9, that way when you hit the switch it turns off the front LED and on the rear led. A bicolored led with two anodes would work the same and you’d only have to run one extra wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
      You can wire it the same as the current Led but ground it on lug 9, that way when you hit the switch it turns off the front LED and on the rear led. A bicolored led with two anodes would work the same and you’d only have to run one extra wire.

Using this diagram where would each leg go on the 3PDT switch.The led's i tend to use have a common cathode.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	led.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	5816814
      The Blues is just a bald man with a comb

Comment

Common cathode, you’re right. I confuse those a lot. One anode will go to lug 7 where it is now and the other lug9, which is the empty lug.

Comment

Using a bi-coloured LED as shown above with a comman cathode, try this: power supply > current limiting resistor > middle pole of 3PDT switch > top pole of 3PDT switch to one of the anodes > bottom pole of 3PDT switch to the other anode > common cathode to ground. You might want to test which anode will give you which colour so it will display the desired colour when engaged or bypassed.

Comment

Working...
          X