banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a TC Electronic El Mocambo/El Cambo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a TC Electronic El Mocambo/El Cambo?

What is it like? Is it a straight TS clone or is it a TS with some tweaks? Not many clips directly comparing it to an Ibanez.

I'm always searching for the perfect Tube Screamer. I've owned a few. I have a TS808, and I used to have a Maxon OD808 which I kinda miss. If this TC's kinda like a TS808 with a slightly less prominet mid hump (like the OD808 is), I'm definitely interested.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 08-30-2019, 11:17 AM.

Re: Who has a TC Electronic El Mocambo/El Cambo?

Nevermind, bought one, LOL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5816910

In case anyone's looking into one, it gets the thumbs up from me. It's definitely got the Tube Screamer vibe. It's got the exact same amount of gain as my TS808, and the same output volume too. It's a bit less mid pushed, though. It's got an airier top end than either my TS808 or my SD-1, it's got less mud in the low mids (which also makes it less creamy), and it has a slightly deeper low-end. It stills cuts low-end, though, so it definitely works in tightening a high-gain amp.

Really dig it! For $50, it's not bad at all.

Comment

The perfect TS pedal is the 805. I can clone 3 of my TS pedals and still have more gain range, and active EQ.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I already owned an 805. Cool pedal for sure! I found my TS808 had a bit more output volume to hit the amp a little harder. At least it did when I set the EQ on the 805 the way I liked it. It was still a great pedal, though.

Comment

Working...
        X