I use this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2179 copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	5816908

Comment

Re: Don't Have A Tape Delay?

Don’t want a tape delay. Had a Space Echo and the Univox version.

I’ll stick with modern digital delays. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Rockman Stereo Echo is my go-to for BBD stereo echo. Its slightly compressed through dry, combined with time offset dual echoes are pure heaven! The T Rex Replicator Jr. tape echo is an incredible sounding device as well. It's not a quirky as its big brother Replicator, but then that's part of its charm.
        Last edited by 67Mopar; 09-01-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
          Don’t want a tape delay. Had a Space Echo and the Univox version.

I’ll stick with modern digital delays. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          This. I do not miss my Space Echo at all.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I once shared a show with another artist "Tapetronics" (His real name is Alexis Malbert) and this guy has designed a device to make music by kind of scratching old cassette tapes just like a Otomo Yoshihide or DJ Rupture would scratch vinyl. His whole shows were exclusively based on that.

Last edited by Francois; 09-02-2019, 04:42 AM.
            Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Love the sound of tape delays!
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Very interesting idea, have no experience with a tape-based delay, what are the pros and cons? Tape wearing out would be an obvious con, capstans, motors, etc., so what makes them unique, other than it's analog?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
                  Very interesting idea, have no experience with a tape-based delay, what are the pros and cons? Tape wearing out would be an obvious con, capstans, motors, etc., so what makes them unique, other than it's analog?

The beauty, or weakness, of tape echo is that the repeats change & deteriorate from the slight wobbles from the motor and the tape continually passing over the heads. For some genres it's wonderful, and in others it's undesirable. It was used on some rock recordings in the 1960's & 1970's, but then small foot pedals came along that could simulate echos electronically, but with cleaner repeats.

Obviously the tape echo sound is still very popular with a lot of musicians, as there have been many pedals introduced that have this sound as one of the delay options, or the entire pedal is a tape echo simulator, with adjustable wow & flutter.
                  "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                  "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                  "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
                  X