banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good spring reverb pedal for not too much money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good spring reverb pedal for not too much money?

I'm wanting a reverb pedal for my amps' FX loops. My budget is around $150 max. Cheaper is better, but I'm aware super cheap won't get me a very convincing spring reverb sound. I've tried the TC Electronic Drip, but it didn't really like feel it sounded all that great. I would prefer if the pedal had a tone control along with the usual decay and mix controls. I don't need 7549594749 other types of reverb in the pedal. Just a one very convincing spring emulation. I like the spring setting on the EHX Oceans 11, but I wonder if there is something without as many other modes that's perhaps cheaper.

What are my options?

Re: What's a good spring reverb pedal for not too much money?

The EHX Holy Grail Plus is good, buddy of mine had one and cant go wrong with a Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb, both are in your price range. The Wampler has the tone control you are wanting also, thats something the EHX HGs do not have. Or if the tone control isnt as important, the smaller EHX HG pedals might work too.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Thanks! Do you have any experience with the Holy Grail Neo? Is it more "up-to-date" than the standard Holy Grail Nano?

Comment

I only used the Plus a few times which my buddy had as I stated. It looks like Neo has Spring, Hall and Plate, where the Nano has Spring, Hall and Flerb, its only difference I can see between the two.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Have a little Byang Baby Boom Tri Reverb that I like better than the Nano I had for just a nice warm basic verb. Great sounding warm little verb and looks to be well built have one on the board I run with my PRS MT 15 as it doesn't have internal reverb. These get great reviews on line and my experience is in line and very positive think I paid $50 shipped for it.
          Demo

Amazon
          Last edited by Ascension; 09-04-2019, 03:00 PM.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            I'm wanting a reverb pedal for my amps' FX loops. My budget is around $150 max. Cheaper is better, but I'm aware super cheap won't get me a very convincing spring reverb sound. I've tried the TC Electronic Drip, but it didn't really like feel it sounded all that great. I would prefer if the pedal had a tone control along with the usual decay and mix controls. I don't need 7549594749 other types of reverb in the pedal. Just a one very convincing spring emulation. I like the spring setting on the EHX Oceans 11, but I wonder if there is something without as many other modes that's perhaps cheaper.

What are my options?
            Is that your phone number in the Original post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An EHX Holy Grail used is the best of both worlds -great and cheap.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I like my Behringer lol.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Thanks for the replies, dudes! The HG Neo seems pretty interesting as long as it sounds like the Oceans 11, but it's just simpler.

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
                  Is that your phone number in the Original post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Nope, lol.

Comment

Holy Grail Neo . I needed a pedal reverb because I recently stepped up to a Marshall origin, no reverb. I got mine open box/demo from Sweetwater for $111. I don’t mess with it much, so I mounted it on the back, though the fx loop. I’m liking the plate reverb on it right now.Click image for larger version

Name:	A2A00B7B-5E83-4CCA-B399-B5EB7C615F5D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	5816967

Comment

I have to second, in this order, the Grails:

Plus, then Standard, and Neo - which I have not played, but have only heard good things about.

Natural, gritty, organic, simple. They are what spring is all about.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I got a Mosky spring reverb for $20. Does a very convincing spring reverb. For that price you can get one plus any other pedal mentioned here & there's a good chance you will prefer the way the Mosky sounds...
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                          I got a Mosky spring reverb for $20. Does a very convincing spring reverb. For that price you can get one plus any other pedal mentioned here & there's a good chance you will prefer the way the Mosky sounds...
                          The little Mosky also seems nice for just a basic spring type verb. I looked at it and the Baby Boom both and wound up with the Baby Boom in the end.
                          Here is a nice demo video of the Mosky.
                          Guitars
                          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I have both...the Baby boom is a sweet reverb pedal too, but they do sound pretty different. The mosky actually replicates the light rattle & other weird nuances you get with a real reverb tank as you turn it up.
                            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                              I have both...the Baby boom is a sweet reverb pedal too, but they do sound pretty different. The mosky actually replicates the light rattle & other weird nuances you get with a real reverb tank as you turn it up.
                              Baby Boom is a little darker and smoother of the 2 in the end that was what I was looking for for this particular board.
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X