banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good spring reverb pedal for not too much money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's a good spring reverb pedal for not too much money?

Yeah..definitely. They're two different flavours.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

My YouTube channel

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies, dudes! Some interesting options to consider.

What are you guys' thoughts on the TC HOF Mini? Is the spring algorithm any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          Thanks a lot for the replies, dudes! Some interesting options to consider.

What are you guys' thoughts on the TC HOF Mini? Is the spring algorithm any good?
          It is but think the little Moxie in particular is better and less $. I love the Baby Boom also but it's a little darker and smoother and is not a really accurate spring sound.
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Hey Rex_Rocker, if there's a way to buy a few and return the ones you don't pick I'd do that.

Are you in tight with a local store? that's the best way long term -also Sweetwater and places like that allow for some of this within reason.

I find the older I get the more some spring reverbs bother me -even my real tank on my JCM800 sounds a little harsh to me.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't know what type of reverb it does, but I have a Donner Revecho (verb & tap tempo delay in one) on the way. Will update how it sounds when I get it.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

if you want a true spring reverb drip, the ocean's 11 is far more realistic than any of the holy grail pedals.
                Quality riffs in about a minute...
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I have the Baby Boom for guitar
                  It does the spring nicely

I have been looking at other reverbs though

I kinda want a gated reverb for my drum machine
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

So which did you end up with? Been thinking about adding reverb myself.
                    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400
                    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Haven't bought one yet. I did get to try the Holy Grail Nano, and I dug the spring setting. I'm probably going to go for that one, lol. The spring setting on the HOF is kinda weak. It's not bad... it just doesn't sound very spring-y, lol.

About the Mosky... would love to try one, but I haven't found a place that stocks them here.

Comment

Because of this thread and discussing the EHX Ive gotten the itch for some reverb on the Marshall. Im leaning more towards the Neo vs the Nano though, that whole flurb thing, ehh
                        Jackson Soloist 7 string
                        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Save your pennies and get a Source Audio True Spring

Comment

More than what I need playing at home and offers more than I would need/want. Cost isnt terrible but getting close to being silly.
                            Jackson Soloist 7 string
                            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                              Because of this thread and discussing the EHX Ive gotten the itch for some reverb on the Marshall. Im leaning more towards the Neo vs the Nano though, that whole flurb thing, ehh
                              Yeah, I'd prefer the Neo too, but the Nano's what I found locally.

Originally posted by gimmefuel View Post
                              Save your pennies and get a Source Audio True Spring
                              Man, I'd love that, but it's a bit pricey for turning it on like once or twice in a set.
                              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 09-18-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I have a single knob Kokko Space Reverb. It's the best, most simple reverb I've ever heard.

It's not spring though, it's room. Which I like better anyways as I use mine with high gain and I don't like spring reverb with high gain.
                                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                                ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Working...
                                X