banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

    Hey everybody. Looking to and a distortion/overdrive
    to the board. Currently have a Tumnus Deluxe and a
    John Spina modded TS-9 on the board. The DLS is
    supposedly a hell of a Marshall in a box. I currently
    play through a Marshall DSL20HR sitting atop a
    vertical 2x12 loaded with a V30 and a Greenback.
    Love the Marshall tone and seeing the DSL pumps
    out Plexi tones, Iím definitely interested. Anyone
    have experience with the Dirty Little Secret. Thanks.

    Peace,

    Darrin

  • #2
    Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

    i have a dls mk2 and i love it. mk1 isnt as great but the mk3 is awesome too. i use mine on my little battery powered board, specifically because it works so well with a fuzzface style fuzz, and usually run into fender reverb amps. it does the marshall thing very well, not a lot of compression and a good range of gain. would you be using the dls to get higher gain marshall tones or you wanna have something on your board to get that tone from a different amp? there is a difference between 9v and 18v. both sound great, just different.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

      Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      i have a dls mk2 and i love it. mk1 isnt as great but the mk3 is awesome too. would you be using the dls to get higher gain marshall tones or you wanna have something on your board to get that tone from a different amp?
      Hey Jeremy, yeah, Iím looking at the MK lll.
      Actually both! Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

        Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
        Hey everybody. Looking to and a distortion/overdrive
        to the board. Currently have a Tumnus Deluxe and a
        John Spina modded TS-9 on the board. The DLS is
        supposedly a hell of a Marshall in a box. I currently
        play through a Marshall DSL20HR sitting atop a
        vertical 2x12 loaded with a V30 and a Greenback.
        Love the Marshall tone and seeing the DSL pumps
        out Plexi tones, I’m definitely interested. Anyone
        have experience with the Dirty Little Secret. Thanks.

        Peace,

        Darrin
        While I'm sure the DLS is awesome (I have a Naga Viper that kicks ass), I don't understand:

        You already have a Marshall (DSL combo), but you're trying to get a Marshall tone out of it using a Marshall-style stomp?
        LLL
        Mojo's Minions
        Last edited by LLL; 10-16-2019, 06:54 PM.
        My SoundCloud
        Rig Talk FoS Forum
        My YouTube

        "More contributors, less hacks"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

          I'd just run a Keeley Katana in top boost mode into the front.

          Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

            A DLS in front of a singing AC30 makes a beautiful crunch!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

              Originally posted by LLL View Post
              While I'm sure the DLS is awesome (I have a Naga Viper that kicks ass), I don't understand:

              You already have a Marshall (DSL combo), but you're trying to get a Marshall tone out of it using a Marshall-style stomp?
              I have to "ditto" this question...
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                I am guessing he likes to run his amp clean or cleanish and get different dirt sounds from pedals?

                I used to scoff at this but a couple years ago I played with a buddy's band who got a great sound running a OCD into a clean Hiwatt combo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                  or he runs delays/modulation in front of the amp, therefore pedals are optimal for that method.

                  To OP: I've had a lot of similar pedals. I did own the DLS, but found it lacking compared to similar pedals (BE-OD, Riot, Xotic SL+, JHS @T).
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                    i like the riot, its a great pedal, but it sounds and feels more like a pedal than a plexi/jcm800. especially at 18v the dls feels like a four bottle marshall into a fender amp, not much compression and good attack.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                      Oh yeah...I wouldn't enter the Riot in a Marshall disguise contest. But it is great sound!
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                        I have a MkIII. Into a Deluxe Reverb it is amazing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                          i have the mkii and run it into an old deluxe reverb, sounds and feels great. used a simple pedal board for all three gigs this weekend, sunface->dls->vapor trail with a strat and the dr. sounded great and gave me everything i wanted

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

                            Consider the Zvex Distortron. Awesome pedal and really underrated

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X