NPD x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD x2

I didn't acquire both of these at the same time, though they're both pretty recent acquisitions for my Lead 12 board. It didn't work that way in the end, but before I get to any of that, here are our new arrivals:

My first thought was that I wanted both a flanger and chorus because I like flange for dirty sounds and chorus for clean, but I only have room for one or the other on that board. A little bit of digging turned up the Dreamscape, and it ended up working well. I'm not generally into signature pedals, I don't care for Dream Theater post-Falling into Infinity, and I have no idea how John Petrucci uses it, but I'm trying to replicate the CE-2 and MXR Micro Flanger on my 'big' board. The tone match isn't exact, but it's more than good enough for a writing / practice rig.

I bought the Flashback because I wanted to experiment with other types of delay beyond the low-fi digital delay from the DD-2. I started out with the analog and tape settings, but it ended up being the dynamic delay that blew me away. It's nice and punchy like the DD-2 / DD-3, but it avoids getting in the way and muddying things up while I'm playing. It sounded so good with the Lead 12 that I had to try it with the Jubilee, and now I don't want to take it off the 'big' board. I guess I'll have to find another one for the Lead 12.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Re: NPD x2

Tone prints make the TC stuff a success even if you can’t use any of the factory other sounds.

Comment

Enjoy! Such great pedals. The PC Editor is worth digging into if you don’t find TonePrints that are what you are looking for.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats on the new pedals. I have the Hall of Fame and Chorus, perfect for me. Llaying with the tone prints are a blast.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Sweet combo!

I love a multi-modulation pedal.

Of course, a TC Electronics Chorus Flanger would have solved this issue....but it's kinda big (but damn awesome!).
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Flashback is a great pedal. I eventually sold mine, as I needed longer delay time on the analog modes, but for some reason only the analog models went to 800ms or something, while the digital models could do a lot longer. But the Tone Print idea is a great one. The mod delays are wonderful.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X