NPD: Wampler Dual Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Wampler Dual Fusion

First Wampler pedal for me, looking forward to trying it out tonight. Scored a sweet deal on the local CL, $150 and it’s virtually unused.

For those unfamiliar, it’s a Paisley Drive (tweaked TS) paired with a Euphoria (Plexi), with myriad tonal tweaking options. Plus, it has a sweet sparkly black/purple finish.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: NPD: Wampler Dual Fusion

Very cool! I’ve always wanted to try one.... (by the way the Euphoria is “Dumble style” smooth Overdrive as opposed to Plexi. Hot wired is kind of TS/Plexi).
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was hoping you’d chime in. Thanks for the correction. I was shopping Wampler stuff really hard a few years ago, remembered that the DF was one that really seemed cool. I’m kinda excited that it’s Dumble rather than Marshall. Never had a Dumble-based pedal.

Have you seen one in person? They look black online, but it’s this super cool purpley sparkle.

Edit- Just checked, the Euphoria is Bogner, not Dumble. I remember now that it was called the Ecstasy, and Brian got a call about it.
      Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 07-21-2020, 05:39 PM.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I have seen them in stores, it’s a great color. It’s cool how the sparkles catch the light.

He’s discussed it on the podcast, he did get a call from Bogner to change the name, but it wasn’t supposed to be an Ecstasy pedal. He describes it as a “natural, transparent overdrive”. It’s funny the way he tells the story, at the next NAMM, Reinholdt came up and said in his German accent “so... you’re the Vampler....”

Either way, the online demos sound great and I’ve never been disappointed by a Wampler pedal. Enjoy!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I almost picked up one, great pedal, I just did not need a stereo pedal. I like me some Wampler pedals
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Brian Wampler may not always explain electronics correctly, but he sure knows how to tune a pedal and make it sound great. I only have one of his pedals (Tumnus), but every single one I've played through was good.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              I have seen them in stores, it’s a great color. It’s cool how the sparkles catch the light.

He’s discussed it on the podcast, he did get a call from Bogner to change the name, but it wasn’t supposed to be an Ecstasy pedal. He describes it as a “natural, transparent overdrive”. It’s funny the way he tells the story, at the next NAMM, Reinholdt came up and said in his German accent “so... you’re the Vampler....”

Either way, the online demos sound great and I’ve never been disappointed by a Wampler pedal. Enjoy!
              Oh man, I remember listening to that now. The Vampler thing was pretty funny.

Comment

I own a few Wampler pedals, not a bad one in the bunch!

Comment

I haven’t messed with the Euphoria side yet, but the Paisley side is incredible. Gonna watch for a deal on an actual Paisley Drive, or maybe the deluxe version. Kind of funny, I didn’t understand how the separate channel in and outs worked with the switch, and thought the pedal was broken because the Euphoria side didn’t do anything. Tried plugging into the 2nd in and out, Euphoria worked, Paisley quit working. Decided it was time to consult the manual, and realized how cool this setup is. If you plug into one and out of two, the Paisley runs into the Euphoria. Into 2 and out of 1, the opposite. Or, you can run the separate channels into a loop switcher, or plug another pedal in between the two sides.

I’m definitely gonna be checking out more of Brian’s stuff.

Comment

I’m using the Paisley Drive side for an OD for my Les Paul, and the darker Euphoria for my Strat. Wonderful arrangement, as I can match their output levels and tailor the tone for both.

Comment

Working...
                    X