Tuner suggestions to replace Daddario tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner suggestions to replace Daddario tuner

So I have a daddario tuner that I paid good money for ....ok not that much it was like 110$ or something new. But it is AWFUL, it bounces around too much to accurately tune especially when at practice or playing a show —— and very rarely actually picks up the note at first. You have to keep hitting it and sometimes it just doesn’t find the note, especially when playing a Lower tuning (drop c or b standard) ...I have to resort to using the old Korg chromatic black tuner to get the job done I think it’s called a CA-50.... you know that cheap 20$ one you’re supposed to get rid of or put away in a drawer for safekeeping once you get a tuner pedal or rack tuner....

Anyway you guys have any good recommendations before I go out and buy the Boss tuner?

I want it to be quick and at least as accurate as the battery powered Hand held Korg (is that really so much to ask?)

Re: Tuner suggestions to replace Daddario tuner

Bite the bullet and thank me in a few days. No extra charges here either.
    With the TU-3W, BOSS brings Waza Craft mojo to the world s leading stompbox tuner. At its core, the TU-3W provides rock-solid tuning equivalent to the industry-standard TU-3. In true Waza tradition, the pedal s benchmark functionality is further enhanced with BOSS skill and craftsmanship. Pure, uncolored signal transfe

Be sure to enter the 7% code SAFE7.,,,,,,,,,,, It should come to $113.53 total. No other charges.
    Last edited by dave74; 07-22-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Bite the bullet and thank me in a few days. No extra charges here either.
      With the TU-3W, BOSS brings Waza Craft mojo to the world s leading stompbox tuner. At its core, the TU-3W provides rock-solid tuning equivalent to the industry-standard TU-3. In true Waza tradition, the pedal s benchmark functionality is further enhanced with BOSS skill and craftsmanship. Pure, uncolored signal transfe

Be sure to enter the 7% code SAFE7.,,,,,,,,,,, It should come to $113.53 total. No other charges.
      I’ll definitely do that, thanks!

Comment

I like the TC Poly Tune that I have on my board.

Very steady tuning. No bouncing around.

Larger screen than most too!

The large screen is a real plus.
        Attached Files
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

There are plenty of decent tuners out there. I've happily used a polytune and boss TU2/3. Currently using a Korg Pitchblack Pro and it's great as well.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

How often do you tune, to need a headstock tuner?
            Seriously how bad does your guitar get out of tune, I think maybe that's what you have to look at.

Comment

I'll tell you what, seeing a performerwith a headstock tuner onstage, looks pretty ****ing ridiculous.
              Last edited by solspirit; 07-22-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                There are plenty of decent tuners out there. I've happily used a polytune and boss TU2/3. Currently using a Korg Pitchblack Pro and it's great as well.
                Just standing alone or in a rack?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                  I'll tell you what, seeing a performerwith a headstock tuner onstage, looks pretty ****ing ridiculous.
                  I like the small DiMarzios/Planet Waves NS2 micro headstock tuners. All you see on the front is part of the clip. It hides conveniently on the back of the headstock. I have a Korg Sledgehammer too but use that mostly at home. The Korg GA-Custom tuner I have too and sometimes live I put that off the effects loop send and leave it on. Have had pedal tuners. TC Electronics Polytune is my fav but I'm good with the GA-Custom and micro headstock tuners.

Comment

I have a TU2 & TU3 on two boards.... Both work really well. For pedalboards these are hard to beat
                    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Peterson, Peterson, Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        Just standing alone or in a rack?
                        Oh. I messed up. The one I'm using is a Pitchblack custom, not the big rack unit!

This one is great, and pretty cheap:

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Oh. I messed up. The one I'm using is a Pitchblack custom, not the big rack unit!

Ok, that makes sense.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have the clip-on (Sledgehammer) and handheld (GA-Custom) versions of that. If I get a pedal tuner down the road again, it'll be the PB Custom. I love the display on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                              I like the small DiMarzios/Planet Waves NS2 micro headstock tuners. All you see on the front is part of the clip. It hides conveniently on the back of the headstock. I have a Korg Sledgehammer too but use that mostly at home. The Korg GA-Custom tuner I have too and sometimes live I put that off the effects loop send and leave it on. Have had pedal tuners. TC Electronics Polytune is my fav but I'm good with the GA-Custom and micro headstock tuners.
                              Have you seen the version that attaches via a tuning key screw rather than the clip? Even more discrete.

That said, I use the D’Addario Eclipse clip on, and couldn’t care less about how they look. They work very well on bass, electric guitar, acoustic, and mandolin. If I clip it on the bridge, it even works on an upright.
                              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                              X