banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What pedal can let me "blend" my clean signal, with an effect box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pedal can let me "blend" my clean signal, with an effect box?

Well, sorry if the title is hard to read,

what I mean is-

Is there a pedal, that I plug into (firstly), that has a "blendable loop" where I can put a fuzz (or any pedal)-

then from there, to my amp? And adjust the output signal from "100% clean to 100% effected".

I'd like to experiment with this, to blend in some clean tone with my fuzz box. Hope there are some (resonably) affordable solutions!

-Erl
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: What pedal can let me "blend" my clean signal, with an effect box?

Gig Rig do the Wetter Box, which I think would do what you want.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Though it's probably not that cheap! lol

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I had a pedal that did this "onboard", the EHX "Bass Muff"

It sounded cool even for electric guitar. I lost it when the apartment owner (where I moved from) decided to throw out all my stuff. Has contacted my lawyer, but the apartment owner (the government) refuses to answer.

anyway.

I wish my new "Octavix" had the same "clean blend" control, cause it can be a bit "too much" for everything, but very simple (one note, or powerchord) riffs.

thanks.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

All that I'd "really" need though,

is a passive pot, to blend the signal, and then "connect it together" again before going to amp. ? :/

well. I did guess that a "real" blend pedal, would cost my shirt. I might be as happy just fuzzin' along. .

Comment

Heh this is me flexing my privilege again but this is why I run two amps almost all the time. One set to "almost dirty" and the other to be clean and handle my pedals.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
              Heh this is me flexing my privilege again but this is why I run two amps almost all the time. One set to "almost dirty" and the other to be clean and handle my pedals.
              you ... lucky man .

I'd love to have two MkII's... But I cannot afford.

(well I can, but then to break my budget for 4-5 months...)

I'd rather have a blend knob!

and maybe another portable, battery powered amp. My neighbor, meth-amp whore, stole my battery powered Roland Cube.

I asked her: "Do you KNOW what it's WORTH?"

and she replied: "ah, just a tiny bag...."

Comment

I think the Boss LS-2 can do this with the fuzz in one loop and a guitar patch cable connecting the other loop.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  I think the Boss LS-2 can do this with the fuzz in one loop and a guitar patch cable connecting the other loop.
                  ok.... with a pot to blend the "blending" or not? :o

Comment

I just spent my last cash. on an extension 1x12" cab for my Blackstar Ht-20mkII combo....

So no money left for anything, but food :/ and toilet rolls.

Thanks guys.

-Erl

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      LS-2 is perfect for just that job. Around 70€ here used and 120 € new from thomann.

I now actually use Big Muff in the loop of Vapor Trail. Works as blend with delay at 0 and makes great addition when using delay too. (at least for the stuff I do).
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Xotic X-Blender does this, and is a great pedal, though not on the cheap side. I love mine.

An alternative is to use a loop-based noise gate, with the gate wide open, though that only provides a simple on-off of the looped pedals, not a blend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturnworks Blender Looper will do what you want. $79 new; there's one on eBay for $69.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                            All that I'd "really" need though,

is a passive pot, to blend the signal, and then "connect it together" again before going to amp. ? :/

well. I did guess that a "real" blend pedal, would cost my shirt. I might be as happy just fuzzin' along. .
                            You can’t blend signals passively like that. Also sometimes the output of a pedal is out of phase with the input.

There’s some pedals out there for doing this.

Personally I always found that clean guitar mixed with distortion sounds like sh!t unless it’s with bass, since bass players generally use a fairly clean sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                              You can’t blend signals passively like that. Also sometimes the output of a pedal is out of phase with the input.

There’s some pedals out there for doing this.

Personally I always found that clean guitar mixed with distortion sounds like sh!t unless it’s with bass, since bass players generally use a fairly clean sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I've found that Fuzz are always too fuzzy for me, leaving only usable options a hair above 0. With blending I get much wider usable range from them.
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                              X