Power supply for twin tube classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply for twin tube classic

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out a power supply for my SD twin tube classic. The one thing I need to know is wether its a positive center or negative center tip. That inf is not on the pedal

Looks like it’s A/C, so there’s no positive or negative.

That might be a tough adapter to find.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This is the North American power supply the owner's manual calls for https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=MT7123-ND
      There is no mention of polarity there in the specs or the owners manual either.

EDIT:
      Here's the owners manual as well. https://www.americanmusical.com/item...x03_manual.pdf
      Last edited by Mr. 80's; 07-26-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

This is what I use with my TT Mayhem. It's AC to AC step down.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

D-Dude could U explain to this ax-thusiast what is redeeming about said pedal ? I've never tried one , ty

Comment

It's basically a high gain tube preamp with a built in boost for leads. It also has a switch to change the mid control from being centered on 600hz to 1.4khz. The boost can also run at either +4db or +8db.
            I usually run mine into a clean channel with a GFS Twin Overdrive in front of it in case I want to get really crazy.
            One of these days I'll try it straight into the power section of one of my amps.

Comment

I couldn't say, as I've never played through one.

Comment

T y , how would u equate it to a M-B Bottlerocket ? I know that ones insanity , I had 1

do U know where S_D put my Avatar ?

Comment

k - I screwed up last post but the 2nd part of It ?

Comment

Don't know, but I changed mine in honor of the new format.

Comment

It is 16-volt AC. So, almost any tranny will work as long as it can do 1 amp. But you want to make sure it does a little more than that. Like 2 or 3 amps. You don't want to run a tranny at it's limit.

I also have the Twin Tube Classic. It's one of those pedals that I doubt I'd ever sell. They do something kinda cool internally. They have a 240 volt to 16 volt tranny, wired backwards. So it takes the 16VAC and drives it back up to 240 so that the tubes are run at true HV. I believe that's what gives it the "true" tube sound. It's not a starved plate design, like my Vox Tonelab. (Even though I love my ToneLab.)

But have you contacted Duncan. I did, back when mine went bad, and they just sent me a new Walwart. (If they still have them.)

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Don't know, but I changed mine in honor of the new format.

using Tapatalk
                        D could U explain the new format since i've been elsewhere a little while ?? what is in honer of said Format plz ?

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCKLHEAD View Post

D could U explain the new format since i've been elsewhere a little while ?? what is in honer of said Format plz ?
                          I said it tounge in cheek. It's a picture of a samurai swinging a sword, which is what my first glimpse of the new format made me want to do.

Comment

Might work, might not

https://www.amazon.com/Belker-Univer...5944389&sr=8-3

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              Worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X