• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions : your fav VIBE pedal under $200.00

Hi guys.

Need some advice via your experience.
    What is your fav sub-$200 Vibe pedal ?

Thanks all.
    Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

When you say vibe, do you mean literal vibrato (pitch wavering effect) or "Vibrato" (volume swelling like Fender amps, sometimes mistakenly called Tremolo, also like the mechanical rotating pipe ends on vibraphones) or Leslie rotating speaker effects (which is similar but distinct)?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Moen-Technolo.../dp/B001I8ITQA

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        When you say vibe, do you mean literal vibrato (pitch wavering effect) or "Vibrato" (volume swelling like Fender amps, sometimes mistakenly called Tremolo, also like the mechanical rotating pipe ends on vibraphones) or Leslie rotating speaker effects (which is similar but distinct)?
        Probably none of these, he means a copy of the Uni-Vibe phase shifter that uses optical LDRs and a bulb. (It was supposed to emulate a Leslie, but doesn’t, it technically does Vibrato but everyone uses the “Chorus” which isn’t really a chorus and is best known from Machine Gun, Too Rolling Stoned, Breathe and Alive).

Is under $200 used an option? If so I’d choose a Fulltone Deja Vibe. If not I’d choose either a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe or Earthquaker The Depths.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Before I got my Sabbadius Funky Vibe Fillmore East, (more late '69-70 Hendrix and suppose to be a mix of Honey/Shin-ei specs/components) the JHS Unicorn hits a lot of marks for a univibe pedal. Assuming you're going for Hendrix/Gilmour and are playing a strat. $199 USD new, a lot cheaper used.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously, the Shaky Jimi is an optical vibe clone, and for $60 it's a no brainer.

Comment

The Deja Vibe is an excellent univibe and can be found around that price used.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The DigiTech EX7 has an amazing vibe one of the best I have heard. They are discontinued but can be found on the secondary market sub $200.

Comment

I have the JHS Unicorn V2, and its wonderful! I'm amazed that Josh was able to make such a luscious sounding, feature-rich univibe in such a compact form factor. They're $200 brand new.

I have my eye on Earthquaker's Depths... it seems fantastic from what I've heard of it, and its very tweakable

If you can get one second hand, the Fulltone Mini Dejavibe V3 is phenomenal. That's the best sounding vibe I've owned, and they retail for $240, so sub $200 is likely doable on the used market. I ended up switch to the Unicorn because its more compact and I needed the pedalboard real estate, but the tone of that thing is killer __PRESENT
                  Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
                  Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
                  Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
                  Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
                  Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
                  Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
                  Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
                  Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
                  Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
                  PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

Great suggestions all . . . thank you very much.
                    Keep 'em coming.
                    Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

I'm a big fan of this one:

I think I paid around $150 for it, and as PFDarkside said, I pretty much leave it on the 'chorus' setting. I no longer have it on my pedalboard, but I don't think I can bring myself to sell it. After all, nothing else really sounds quite like *that*.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Go to around 21:50 the pedal also does a great ADA Flanger and SpaceStation

Comment

Working...
                        X