Spring King Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring King Reverb

A new gadget came in yesterday. I picked up one of the Danelectro Spring King reverb units:

I had one of those! Liked the sound, but eventually became annoyed with how much space it took up.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Yep, they are pretty big. It's a lot smaller than a combo with a spring reverb though.

Comment

Is there a real spring inside there? I always assumed it was 100% digital but on a podcast they mentioned there being a real spring.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yep, it has a real spring reverb tank. It's also a prodigious consumer of amps compared to other solid state analog pedals. It needs at least 300 ma. If you get one, make sure it gets enough current.

Comment

I love that they made it so you can kick it. That's a cool pedal design.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I like that too. It makes kind of thunder like sounds. I'm not sure how often I'd get to use that though.

Comment

That kicked reverb sound through an analog delay while giving the delay knob a spin...yeah! That's a cool sound.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Really want one for my Blackstar.

The digital onboard reverb doesnt "cut it" to my ears :/

Even the cheap "little" Spring King would be better .

congrats !!
                  If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    That kicked reverb sound through an analog delay while giving the delay knob a spin...yeah! That's a cool sound.
                    Just need to pair it with the Reel Echo..

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X