No announcement yet.

Vintage Fuzz Gurus . . . stand closer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Fuzz Gurus . . . stand closer.

What would be the 'best' fuzz box to replicate this fuzz tone as accurately as possible ?
    Thanks to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJ_...Z1hflK-gD_GL4E
    Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Tough question. That was some device that he actually had installed into the guitar. It's "the" classic fuzz tone.

Comment

I'm getting silmilar results with my EHX "octavix" :/

but then again, there's about 1000 different fuzz boxes. I'm sure a different pedal will sound closer than mine .

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Great song and I am also a big fan of Fuzz pedals.

Depending on your gear, I am sure you can get close with a Big Muff or maybe a Wren & Cuff Box of War? Lot's of decent fuzz pedals to choose from out there.

Comment

I always thought Jordan Bosstone for that one. Mosrite Fuzzrite is similar but brighter for me.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That is the holy grail of fuzz. I would grab my MXR Bluebox for this.

Cool fact: Norman Greenbaum is from the same little city outside of Boston as me along with Johnny A, Gary Cherone, Dave Robinson (Cars), Phil Bynoe (Steve Via) and.....the famed serial killer The Boston Strangler. Busy little city.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              That is the holy grail of fuzz. I would grab my MXR Bluebox for this.

Cool fact: Norman Greenbaum is from the same little city outside of Boston as me along with Johnny A, Gary Cherone, Dave Robinson (Cars), Phil Bynoe (Steve Via) and.....the famed serial killer The Boston Strangler. Busy little city.
              Hey my friend I was south of you growing up, but within spitting distance of Rte 1...

Comment

Working...
              X