banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about making a pedal- a passive vol/tone unit. With extra features?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about making a pedal- a passive vol/tone unit. With extra features?

Well-

I've been thinking about this for many years, since I was 16- so that's 14 years of procrastination for you .

I got a real nice box, "enclosure" that only needs drilling holes for potentiometers/switches.

What I'm thinking of making, is a passive volume/tone box, stomp box sized-

with a 500k volume; "bypass" switch for volume and tone pots-

a tone pot, with a rotary selector for different choices of capacitors.

Aswell as a "foot stomp" on/off switch.

I guess it will cost me 30 dollars or so (plus shipping,).

But I'ts something I've wanted to own, use and accomplish for a long long time.

It will be called the "EGA" (Erlend Grønås Audio) Passive Volume/Tone.

I know basic electronics and soldering from school. I'll order the parts from overseas, I think, from a DIY pedal building site.

cause, often, I feel like I need to pad down the volume, or highs- somewhere in my signal chain. Using the chassis of my broken DI pedal seems like a good place to start. I could work out the schematics in a couple of minutes.,

Maybe I'll add some extra features; whatever that might be? :o Any suggestions?

I want the main section to be passive, like the vol/tone controls of a guitar. But there is room for a 9V battery, for any active stuff.

Cheers!

-Erlend from Norway.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

I want to be using this for several purposes:

-Too bright fuzz/distortion boxes,
    -"opposite boost pedal"- keep the signal padded until I want to solo
    -to give that "gated" sound you get from a capacitor to ground.

I'm thinking, that now that I'm 30 years old, I really must start to do the things, I've been thinking about all my life, lol .

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

One thing you might consider is to add the "minimum volume" pot. I really like that feature on mine, and it's simple to add. It allows you to rock back and forth between two volume levels. I would probably use 500k or 1M for the "treadle" pot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	volume_pedal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	6007437

Comment

Okay. I won't have any pedal , just pots to turn.

but thanks.

Comment

Electrically, how is this pedal going to be different than the volume/tone on your guitar?
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            Electrically, how is this pedal going to be different than the volume/tone on your guitar?
            Very similar.

I want to include a rotary switch, to select between different value capacitors, for the tone control.

...But i can place it- like; infront of my fuzz; that got alot of high-end fizz i need to get rid of. :/ or in any setting.

It will function like the volume/tone of an onboard guitar control.

Comment

Working...
            X