Help with Multi-Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Episcum View Post

I do not mind programming at all. I love to mess with all the setting possible with all my gear to get a desired tone so attention span is not a concern. And I just want some effects to add flavor when i want it. Really don't rely on them too much when I'm playing. To be honest the effect i use a lot is a tube screamer/ Overdrive. Everything else is in the background and subtle
    Sounds like a multi-effects unit is the way to go for you, though I tend to prefer standalone drive pedals. I like Mincer's suggestion of the M9, they do a great job with modulation and time based effects.

Comment

I own a Line6 HXFX in 4cM with my H&K GM40D. Stellar tones and flexibility, good real estate for a pedalboard.
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

"The NUX Cerberus is similar but it offers 16 effects and preset memory."

Have tried this unit and am thinking about purchasing it.
        The effects sound really good and it is easy to use.
        It will allow you to loud IR's.
        Lastly, it allows the four calbe hookup method. So you are not limited to the two onboard dirt selections.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
        And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

On the flip side, if anything happens to a multi board, you loose all your effects.

I had a Boss multi-pedal years ago (not sure how they are made nowadays but at that time the outer casing was just plastic) and a friend accidentally dropped it while we were setting up and the whole thing was wasted.

Single pedals (at least decent ones like EHX and Boss) have more durable casings, if you mess one up, you still have all the other effects, plus, if you go singles, you can hand pick each effect since one single brand might not have the best of each effect (or at least not what you were looking for)

Don't get me wrong, Multis can be less hassle, easier storage, easier set up, etc., so they have a lot of pluses as well. Just saying that there are a lot of angles to consider before you settle on one path or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
            On the flip side, if anything happens to a multi board, you loose all your effects.

I had a Boss multi-pedal years ago (not sure how they are made nowadays but at that time the outer casing was just plastic) and a friend accidentally dropped it while we were setting up and the whole thing was wasted.

Single pedals (at least decent ones like EHX and Boss) have more durable casings, if you mess one up, you still have all the other effects, plus, if you go singles, you can hand pick each effect since one single brand might not have the best of each effect (or at least not what you were looking for)

Don't get me wrong, Multis can be less hassle, easier storage, easier set up, etc., so they have a lot of pluses as well. Just saying that there are a lot of angles to consider before you settle on one path or the other.
            Well, since the G-System was mentioned:

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X