Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY recommendations

Hi all,

I am interested in your ABY recommendations for my 65 drri. I am looking to split the signal between the normal channel and the vibrato channel. I usually use a clean tone on the vibrato channel, but on occasion I like a little dirt, but unfortunately I find that my dirt pedals sound the best on the normal channel. At this time I am not looking to potentially voiding the warranty and mod the amp to have vibrato and reverb on the clean channel at this time. I mainly want to switch between the channels but I am also interested in a pedal that can use both simultaneously and can compensate for the phase issues. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB11.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	6011518

I just use the cheap and cheerful Fender ABY pedal on my pedal board and it works well for me.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Thanks I will be checking that one out!

Comment

I thought those channels are out of phase, so you couldn't have them on at the same time (they would cancel each other out). If you did the mod where both channels have reverb, they would be in phase.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

yes, they are out of phase. the vibrato channel has one more gain stage and each stage flips phase. radial twin cities is a fantastic aby and what i use with my old dr. it has phase and ground lift switches as well as their drag control which allows you to compensate for the load difference when using two amps at once

Comment

Yeah, and there are some internal mods you can do to flip phase. I've used a 68 Custom Vibrolux (a very different amp) with the channels jumpered and it works well. The channels in that model are very very different, and they are naturally in phase, as they share the reverb and trem.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              yes, they are out of phase. the vibrato channel has one more gain stage and each stage flips phase. radial twin cities is a fantastic aby and what i use with my old dr. it has phase and ground lift switches as well as their drag control which allows you to compensate for the load difference when using two amps at once
              Thanks Jeremy I will be checking that one out!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Yeah, and there are some internal mods you can do to flip phase. I've used a 68 Custom Vibrolux (a very different amp) with the channels jumpered and it works well. The channels in that model are very very different, and they are naturally in phase, as they share the reverb and trem.
                Thanks for the suggestion. At this time I am not interested in voiding my warranty, but down the road I could see doing that mod.

Comment

on an old handwired amp, its literally moving one wire to put reverb and trem on both channels, which also puts the channels in phase. never tried it on a ri but im assuming a jumper would do it. obviously this would void the warranty though. it does change the normal channel though since you are adding not only the potential for verb and trem, but that third gain stage the vibrato channel has. i did it, tried it for a while, then undid it. i did modify the normal channel a fair amount but i prefer it without reverb and trem or the third gain stage for my purposes.

Comment

Working...
                  X