• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    For 80s music you will need a chorus

flange or phase shifter for VH style stuff

Fuzz for Hendrix or Corrigan

talk box for Frampton

Acoustic simulation for most nineties pop
    In that respect, unless you have a preference for tube amps, a modelling amp or sampler like kemper can replace a good many pedals

Comment

These days, actual pedals seem to be getting super-specific, while more amps have the basic pedals covered.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        All I need is a cord and my Marshall.
        If I'm doing that, then I'll be using this:

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          For my live acoustic sound, I need a good reverb, and absolutely some compression. Delay and EQ are a bonus. I also love loopers, for more ambient non-rhythmic loops.
          Sorry Dave but your post reminded me of this. I don't need anything, all I need is ...

Comment

^^^^^^^ LMAO!!!! YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Sorry Dave but your post reminded me of this. I don't need anything, all I need is ...

Totally. I love effects on the acoustic...or maybe I just don't like the way most amplified acoustics sound, so I have to do something to the sound. I am more basic with electric.

Comment

JHS Bonsai is great if you want something quality and with some versatility for dirt/distortion.
                If you're looking for a high quality distortion pedal, look no further! I have tested dozens of them and compiled a list of my favorites at each price range here.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  If I'm doing that, then I'll be using this:

Does the potting soil add extra dirt to your sound?
                  1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                  Jackson Soloist 7 string
                  ESP LTD M-400
                  Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

It's for growing a new crop of Metalzones.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisplaysmusic View Post
                      JHS Bonsai is great if you want something quality and with some versatility for dirt/distortion.
                      Why does your list say most of these pedals are digital?

Comment

In the 70's i had nothing. Now i have these. Im glad i have these.

Comment

Actually for me, it isn't a question of needing pedals, it's a question of needing a particular sound in the chain, and pedals may be the solution depending on the gig; whether I use my own amp, or someone else's backline, or direct to a mixing board; whether I get some stage foorprint to work with, have a vehicle that can roadie the amps, or have to cram in a 2' square area. Also how good the quality needs to be. Sometimes pedals just get you in the ballpark but don't sound or feel exactly right. Sometimes you need an actual amp or rack piece of equipment to get the right sound and feel.

What I do need is: something that can do a Marshall Plexi, something that can do a Fender clean, something that can do multiple delay timings and a clean professional sounding reverb. All other things are optional or rare depeding on the music (like needing a chorus or wah). Sometimes I get all the above from pedals, but I also have other equipment that solves the same problem for different gigs. For pedals, keeping it really lean I'll use a single Zoom MS-50G. If I need bettter sounds and can't program the sounds in advance, my next larger pedal board has a RambleFX Marvel Drive, TC Electronic AlterEgo, EH Canyon, VisualSound Tap Delay and Strymon El Capistan, and a Strymon Big Sky. If I'm running direct, I replace the Marvel Drive with a SansAmp PSA-1 and replace the Big Sky with an old Roland SRV-330 studio rack reverb I have. After that, I get the Marshalls out, use a rack delay only if needed, and tell the sound man what reverb I need.

Comment

Playing a great guitar into a magical amp makes me forget about pedals, too. But I don't get that experience often.

Comment

Sometimes the pedals are as important to me as the guitar and amp. It depends on the music I am playing.
                              +1
                              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Playing a great guitar into a magical amp makes me forget about pedals, too. But I don't get that experience often.
                                im lucky that i get that almost every time i plug in. tonally im a blues rock guy and my old deluxe reverb with a good guitar does everything i need it to, and if i feel like i need something else theres a tweed deluxe, or a handful of equally awesome amps available. im a lucky guy. doesnt mean that i didnt order a camel toe a while back

Comment

Working...
                                X