Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Yeah, the iPad interface is pretty cool and does a lot of really cool stuff in real-time. The XY pad is one of the coolest features check out this video.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    It connects via Bluetooth in real-time. If you move a knob on the app it changes the parameter in the pedal. If you use the exp pedal you see the changes on the iPad app. The lag is almost nonexistent.
    Why don't all multieffects do this? It is such an elegant idea.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    It connects via Bluetooth in real-time. If you move a knob on the app it changes the parameter in the pedal. If you use the exp pedal you see the changes on the iPad app. The lag is almost nonexistent.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Is that through the Camera Connector?

Leave a comment:

• TMD
    replied
    How does the iPad interface with the H9?

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I just need a couple of seconds between tunes. I don't switch patches intra-song. If I need to change a parameter I use the expression pedal. For example on one song I play around with the phase speed with expression pedal. It is pretty cool

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

That is the product in a nutshell. The round button on the front makes it easy to spin through your presets. Or you can use the switch to bank. I have an iPad holder on my mic stand and use the iPad interface to switch settings and tweak things if needed.

This is the edit interface it connects and controls the pedal in real-time

As long as you have some pauses where you can take your hands off of your instrument, this seems like a great solution to just using the front panel.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    They leave out the 'control' part on the H9 because not everyone needs to control the sound throughout a musical piece, and they can keep the price & overall size down.
    That is the product in a nutshell. The round button on the front makes it easy to spin through your presets. Or you can use the switch to bank. I have an iPad holder on my mic stand and use the iPad interface to switch settings and tweak things if needed.

This is the edit interface it connects and controls the pedal in real-time

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    You would want a midi controller that sends program change and continuous control messages. It could be an iPad or laptop, but to use it live, ideally it would be some kind of foot controller. You don't need to spend a ton, though. Any midi foot controller sending at least the 2 kinds of messages would work. They leave out the 'control' part on the H9 because not everyone needs to control the sound throughout a musical piece, and they can keep the price & overall size down.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Since the H9 supports MIDI mapping, basically any MIDI controller will work fine. You nearly MUST use a device to edit, trying to edit on the H9 is a major headache. An iPad is ideal. I used one with the ES8, it worked great. Setup on the iPad, control with anything that will send MIDI PC.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    You can use any midi controller the question is what are you looking to switch. I use my iPad with mine and an expression pedal. It seems to be more than enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• TMD
    started a topic Eventide H9 question

Eventide H9 question

So I’m looking at the Eventide H9, and it looks like it doesn’t have enough footswitches for proper operation. It has MIDI and an Exp jack. What kind of footswitch can I connect to augment control options?
Working...
X