banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good distortion pedal for a modded-Marshall type sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For future reference of future readers, I’ll add the pedals I have for this purpose:

RambleFX MarvelDrive
    Carl Martin PlexiTone
    Marshall Guv’nor
    Zoom MS-50G

All of them respond like a Marshall, to varying degrees (MarvelDrive is the best due to touch sensitivity and tube-like behavior/compression, Zoom is second best with similar response, Carl Martin third and Guv’nor fourth between these choices) and all can take other pedals in front to push in different ways.

Comment

I just watched a demo of the Pinnacle. HOLY SMOKES!!! I think I might need to get one of those.

Though it's not a Marshall in a Box, the 5150 Overdrive is another one I'm impressed with.
      Last edited by ErikH; 10-27-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        I just watched a demo of the Pinnacle. HOLY SMOKES!!! I think I might need to get one of those.

Thought it's not a Marshall in a Box, the 5150 Overdrive is another one I'm impressed with.
        Get the Deluxe with the added boost.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post

Get the Deluxe with the added boost.
          That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure this thing running in to the front end of the Fly Rig 5 v2 I just got would sound really sweet.

Comment

Its on my short list to get, between that and the JHS AT-1, but I lean more toward Wampler.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I like the DSL in a real 100W Marshall, : ) into the clean channel
              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Just discovered the Wampler Pinnacle on YT. Yeah It sounds good.
                Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                X