Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch bay effects loop

Hi all,

I was searching for this but did not quite find the answer I am looking for. I have a focusrite Scarlett 4i4. It has a stereo line out that can be used for an effects loop. I want to take the out from the Scarlett and run it in stereo through a patch bay set on half normal. The return on the rear panel will go through my rackmount and return to the fx return of the Scarlett. I want to take the output on the front of the patch and send it to a radial extc-1 which will then connect to my pedals and back to the front of the Scarlett. Can someone verify if this is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, as I check in to it, it looks like I should plug in from the interface on the bottom and out to the rackmount and pedal reamp on top...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recognize what you are trying, but I haven't use my Neutrik patchbay since 2015 and I've forgotten if what you are saying would work.

Comment

Initially, I was going to say that you can't do this with the Scarlett series because they don't have an FX loop. Neither my 2i2 or 18i8 does. But after perusing your 4i4 manual, it appears as though it can be configured that way. (I'm jealous.) If you look at pg 15 of your PDF owners manual it appears as though you can do this using Ch 3/4 in & Ch 3/4 out for the loop. But those are all rear panel, and of course, you have to set this up in the Focusrite Control software.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "half normal" on your patchbay. I've never heard that term before. But it does sound like you can do this. Just use Ch's 3&4. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Comment

Working...
        X