X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sounds like you probably do want the Line 6 DL4 if want programable, tap tempo, presets, etc

some good recommendations above too, but this is one of my personal favorites I hadn't seen mentioned

Comment

I've had the Line6 DL4. Now I have a Strymon Timeline. Much easier to use and it sounds better too. You can use it without the optional Multi Switch footswitch but it works much better with.

IMO, the Timeline sounds much more organic and not so digital. You can set up 100 presets. Everything from tape echo to analog to digital delay. You can get sparlong clean or grainier tones by adjusting the filter control and whatever you choose can be included in your presets. Nice chorus too. In stereo if that's your preference. I use it with two amps and it sounds hugely wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	567F0CA3-B533-4B5F-9CF3-F74E53571496.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	6021319
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Can you use an expression pedal with the Timeline? I always need an exp pedal to control the feedback and the mix. I constantly manipulate both of them.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

OMG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Honestly, there is a reason why people still use the Line 6 DL4. You get presets and a ton of options, and it is the best sounding digital delay I've ever used.
                  That’s that big green box, right? I thought it only had three or four presets though. I want, like, twenty. (which means I’ll need twenty one, of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                    My Joyo "Nascar" delay is a beautiful, and VERY cheap analog delay- with long delay times.

I very much reccomennd it.

-Erl
                    I appreciate the budget recommendation. But does it have tap tempo, dotted quarter, either, and sixteenths, 20 presets and analog, digital, and dual delay?

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                      Unfortunately, I can't speak to anything programmable, but when someone says they want an awesome delay, my go-to recommendation is the Carbon Copy. It's so good. When I was using it, I think I could do just fine without any extra bells or whistles.

It's truly unfortunate it won't work in my effects loop without some sort of expensive level adjuster. I have an EHX Canyon now, and it's okay, but none of its delays have the same mojo to my ear as the CC, and I like my TC Ditto better for looping. Now that I look at it, the CC Deluxe might be an option for me, although I don't want to spend the money.
                      Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        If price is not an option get an Eventide H9 core

Eventide sounds like something that would be Steve Vai approved! I thought the Timeline was Blue pedal too? I haven’t heard of the H9.

I really need to keep up with technology. I‘ll look into both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                          I've had the Line6 DL4. Now I have a Strymon Timeline. Much easier to use and it sounds better too. You can use it without the optional Multi Switch footswitch but it works much better with.

IMO, the Timeline sounds much more organic and not so digital. You can set up 100 presets. Everything from tape echo to analog to digital delay. You can get sparlong clean or grainier tones by adjusting the filter control and whatever you choose can be included in your presets. Nice chorus too. In stereo if that's your preference. I use it with two amps and it sounds hugely wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	567F0CA3-B533-4B5F-9CF3-F74E53571496.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	6021319
                          Isn’t Strymon the pedal that is under used over kill in worship bands?

But that does look awesome.

Thanks all! I’m sure on of those will work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrgrl View Post

Isn’t Strymon the pedal that is under used over kill in worship bands?

But that does look awesome.

Thanks all! I’m sure on of those will work for me.
                            It is used a lot by church guitar players. Don't hold that against it. Those players love those U2 sounds! It'll do all that stuff.

Comment

Can you use an expression pedal with the Timeline? I always need an exp pedal to control the feedback and the mix. I constantly manipulate both of them.
                              Sure can. There's an input for one on the back.

Comment

That's my only beef with the Obscura Altered, no exp pedal control, I love the dual ins/outs.......... I'll have to try one of those Timelines in some years once they're for me affordable and everyone has moved on to the newest shiny thing, it has dual in/outs as well and midi in and out too, pretty nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X