Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want an amazing delay

What do you suggest?

I have really been playing a lot with just a delay in the loop as my only effect. I’d really like something that is programmable with a few presets, and has a lot of options like tap (of course!!!), modulation, dotted notes, and so on.

There are so many extreme pedals out there like Strymon and such anymore, can you narrow it down for me?

Price is not an option. Tell me about something awesome!!!!

If price is not an option get an Eventide H9 core

Comment

Honestly, there is a reason why people still use the Line 6 DL4. You get presets and a ton of options, and it is the best sounding digital delay I've ever used.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If programmable is a requirement, I'd do this:

For tap, with a metronome as a programmable, I use VisualSound Tap Delay with a Time Bandit

The other option I use is a Strymon El Capistan with a Tap Favorite

Comment

just delay? i have a duncan dark sun delay/reverb and its great. i havent tried the andromeda delay but im sure it sounds equally great but also has even more features though im not sure what more you could want past the dark sun

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            just delay? i have a duncan dark sun delay/reverb and its great. i havent tried the andromeda delay but im sure it sounds equally great but also has even more features though im not sure what more you could want past the dark sun
            I've only tried one out for a few minutes. Does it do standard delay sounds as well as those cool space ones?

Comment

i can only speak to the dark sun but yes, you can get just a simple delay. 1/4 notes or dotted 1/8ths with no reverb, it can do the basic delay stuff or simple reverb stuff but it can do crazy deep wacked out stuff and save presets, tons of tweakability

Comment

My Joyo "Nascar" delay is a beautiful, and VERY cheap analog delay- with long delay times.

I very much reccomennd it.

-Erl
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Some more worthwhile mentions,

Boss DD500
                  Strymon Timeline
                  EHX Grand Canyon
                  TCE Nova Delay

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't speak to anything programmable, but when someone says they want an awesome delay, my go-to recommendation is the Carbon Copy. It's so good. When I was using it, I think I could do just fine without any extra bells or whistles.

It's truly unfortunate it won't work in my effects loop without some sort of expensive level adjuster. I have an EHX Canyon now, and it's okay, but none of its delays have the same mojo to my ear as the CC, and I like my TC Ditto better for looping. Now that I look at it, the CC Deluxe might be an option for me, although I don't want to spend the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      I’ve got the Andromeda.
                      It does everything you’ll ever need a delay to do. (IMO of course).
                      I’m sure there are people that may need something from a delay that it can’t do, but it’s a whole lotta delay in that one box.

Comment

I’ve got a lot of amazing delays. My favorites:
                        -Big Box Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
                        -Boss DM-3
                        -Strymon Timeline
                        -Strymon El Capistan
                        -T.C. Electronic Flashback

Delays I no longer own but like the tone of:
                        -Line 6 Echo Park
                        -Line 6 DL4
                        -Eventide H9

For a simple, great sounding and programmable delay, I’d probably go for a TC Electronic Flashback x4 V2. Lots of great sounds, 3 easily programmable slots, super deep with the app but easy to get good tones out of without. And how many delay tones do you really need? On my main delay, the Timeline I use 4 with 2 more specialty ones. What I like about the Timeline is you can go ultra deep in programming, but it’s far easier than the old rack units, and of course it sounds great.

Have fun on your delay quest.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had a Flashback 2 for awhile, but what I didn't know when I bought it (and I bought it for this specific purpose) is that only the digital delays have the long delay times. They cap the analog delays to 800ms, which isn't enough for long tape loop-style looping (not the same as their loop mode).

Comment

http://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Oc...chine--53.html

Comment

Whoa! That thing is intense.

Comment

Working...
                              X