DOD Graphic EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Graphic EQ

Just got an old DOD 31 band rack EQ off Reverb. Stuck it in the loop of my Mustang III, and it might be the best $35 I’ve ever spent on gear.

I’m cutting 63hz and below, and 12.5k and above. It takes all the mud off my 8 string, and the digital fizz off the Mustang. All of a sudden, I can use a fat string with good tension for the bottom, but it still sounds like a guitar. Was running a super floppy 65 or a slightly less floppy 74 to get better tone, but now the 85 has all the chunk and attack without all the woofy undertones. Makes the cleans sound much clearer as well.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

I think I have the same unit but these days I use it in my PA. 31 bands dose sound great on guitar.

Comment

I feel really dumb for having waited this long to try something like this. I’ve also found that I prefer cutting frequencies to boosting. Using the controls on the amp to boost some mids or whatever works much better.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yeah man!

I want an EQ myself. I'm trying to decide, if a Joyo 10-band will be enough,

my fear, is that I won't be able to hit the "right" frequencies, without having more faders. So, maybe a 31-band is the way to go? :o

A parametric EQ is way too expensive. The cheapest I can find, is about 250-300USD. :/. Three times the price of the Joyo.

My amp (Blackstar Ht-20mkII), with my rig- has alot of low-end that I can't dial out. And , i feel it "needs" a mid boost, to make it really sing . Atleast, the very lows "gotta go". All it does, is kill my headroom .

rock on! \m/

-E
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

A 10 wouldn’t have worked for what I’m doing, but if you’re not down in bass range, it may be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            A 10 wouldn’t have worked for what I’m doing, but if you’re not down in bass range, it may be fine.
            Well. I suspect that my amp delivers alot of... low frequency power, that's not even "heard" because of the open back design.

When I dial down the bass knob, I get loads more headroom. (But the onboard EQ is "interactive" with gain and everything, so I need to put it in a sweet spot to get the right tone and response)...

I want to dial out the very lows, that aren't heard, they just use up my headroom. .

... I'll be placing the EQ very last in the effects loop, right before any eventual reverb pedal.

-Erl
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Well... I paid $35 for this thing, took it apart, sprayed Deoxit in the sliders, switches, and pot, and it works like brand new. Hold out for a deal on a used one.

Comment

Working...
              X