banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compact multi-effects (like Line 6 M5 or smaller)... what is out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact multi-effects (like Line 6 M5 or smaller)... what is out there?

I'm looking at the Line 6 M5. It looks really cool. 99% of the time, I only have a tuner, a Tube Screamer, and a noise gate on my board. The Line 6 M5 seems to include all of these in a convenient single package for a decent price. Especially used. Plus it has a reserve of 74594759479 other effects I could use from time to time.

But the software is the HD models, right? Which are pretty old by now. I wonder if there's anything like it but more up to date. Perhaps even more compact? Like a single pedal size. What else is out there like it?

So summing up: I want a single (or dual, at most) pedal sized unit that can do a convincing model of a Tube Screamer, noise gate, and tuner for not too much money. Good-sounding, of course.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-18-2020, 09:17 AM.

Those M series pedals are still pretty popular, and Line 6’s effects have been pretty good for many generations. Doubt you can beat it, especially sub-$100.

That said, Moore is bringing a lot of interesting products out.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The effects in the Line 6 M series are still amazing. I have an HX Effects (and an M9) which both have those effects, and I mostly use these 'older' effects. The M5 uses 1 effects at a time, so if you can spring for the M9, I'd say to do it...you get 3 effects at once. One of the best sounding, less expensive, non menu-based, non preset-based multieffects out there.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The last time I saw Holdsworth he was running two Yamaha Magic Stomps he sounded fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          The last time I saw Holdsworth he was running two Yamaha Magic Stomps he sounded fantastic
          He used 6 of them, all for delay.

Comment

I use a Zoom MS-50G. Has all that, single pedal profile, can make 50 stored pedalboard chains, does an excellent job of simulating the sounds and response. $99 when I got mine.

Comment

I would get one of the zoom multistomp pedals, whichever is cheaper among the three different ones they make. There's a user designed firmware editor for it, you load or delete effects with it & customise it as per your needs. Otherwise the ms50g is the one you want for the tubescreamer & other drive effects.

Comment

I kind of want to try the HX Effects. I like Line 6 delays and reverbs, the modulations are pretty good but I’m still skeptical on the drives. 4 Cable with an amp and HX Effects seems kind of cool and very easy.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  I kind of want to try the HX Effects. I like Line 6 delays and reverbs, the modulations are pretty good but I’m still skeptical on the drives. 4 Cable with an amp and HX Effects seems kind of cool and very easy.
                  I like the HX Effects, but it is designed to be more 'preset' based, than 'stompbox' based. There can be more effects than you have switches, which wasn't the case with the M-series.

Comment

Working...
                  X