NPD: Getting Blues Bawls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post
    I really wanted to try to record some clips. Sure, the cab I use right now is still not broken in and the guitar is definitely not broken in. Still, I actually want to find a way to share this.

For example, Bruce mentioned the switch positioning. That is for the OD. So, it is good to wear socks, not shoes with your Blues Bawls. Don't wanna make a mess while getting your kicks, but yeah, that switch turns the OD on, which is tweakable and pretty damn good.

Then, Dave has questions about the wah. The wah turns on like a normal crybaby, but it is tweakable via volume control as well as 3 modes. White Room, Voo Doo, and Shaft. In short, the WR offers a bass wah frequency range, the Voo Doo is balanced, the Shaft is super trebly. This wah is great. I love it.
    Oh cool, those are several usable sounds. I wonder why this company didn't really make it at the time? I know they sold pedals, picks and strings. I wonder if their graphics were too aggressive for many guitarists? I think they look cool.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Oh cool, those are several usable sounds. I wonder why this company didn't really make it at the time? I know they sold pedals, picks and strings. I wonder if their graphics were too aggressive for many guitarists? I think they look cool.
      It is tough to say. What I do know is, when I bought one brand new, it had two minor issues that popped up. They paid for everything, from shipping to repair, both times. After that, I loved them. Maybe they had to eat a lot of profit with customer service, but I have nothing bad to say about them. Their tone is good, especially with the help of guitarfeak! Thanks, dude!
      Soundcloud

Comment

That’s adorable! And the name is hilarious

It’s perfectly acceptable to buy something because it is blue. I just bought a delay because it was blue (but mostly it was AWESOME).

I have a Bad Horsie. How does it compare to that? I have never heard of those either.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrgrl View Post
          That’s adorable! And the name is hilarious

It’s perfectly acceptable to buy something because it is blue. I just bought a delay because it was blue (but mostly it was AWESOME).

I have a Bad Horsie. How does it compare to that? I have never heard of those either.
          I have not tried the Bad Horsie, so, I do not know!

I do buy a lot of gear because it is blue though...
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

i remember the ads were all over guitar magazines in the 90s, but the pedal market then was so different than it is now...i remember when ibanez reissuing the ts9 was a big deal, compared to nowadays where there are seemingly 100s of great tube screamer type pedals to choose from. Charlie Stringer died in 1999, i'm not sure how long they made pedals for...i think they were a few years ahead of their time, just a little before when people got really into small boutique pedals...when Klons and Prescription Experience were $250 and that just seemed ludicrous to me!
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

That looks great! I remember seeing these wahs in the 90s in Musicians Friend catalogs. I always thought those Snarling Dogs pedals looked cool and unique. Wanted to try them then but I had a Morely wah and didn't have the cash for many pedals in those days. I'm thinking about checking out some used listings for them now, since I no longer have a wah and could use another. The glow in the dark looks killer.

Comment

always loved the look of those, and totally remember seeing them in musicians friend back in the 90s too. im a borderline wah hater so while cool, i was never going to get one

Comment

I have always wanted one of those!!! I have played SD Wah's twice.

- One was a Whine-o-wah. Liked it. It was a wah, and it had a dirt switch of some sort on it.
                  - The other was a Psycho-scumatic whatever it was. Hated it. It had like three vintage old wah tones (one was called "Shaft") and a Ring Modulator. Great for old skool or spaceship noises. Not my deal.

Always thought the Blues Bawls would be right in my zone, and damn they are cool.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I have always wanted one of those!!! I have played SD Wah's twice.

- One was a Whine-o-wah. Liked it. It was a wah, and it had a dirt switch of some sort on it.
                    - The other was a Psycho-scumatic whatever it was. Hated it. It had like three vintage old wah tones (one was called "Shaft") and a Ring Modulator. Great for old skool or spaceship noises. Not my deal.

Always thought the Blues Bawls would be right in my zone, and damn they are cool.
                    Dude, you should check out a Blues Bawls. If you do not like it, I am sure plenty of people will be happy to take it off your hands!
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                    X