NPD: Getting Blues Bawls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Getting Blues Bawls

I had one of these before moving to Greece in 2013. I sold it in 2013 because it needed repair. Now, I have forum bro, guitarfeak, for pedal repairs. So, another forum bro, nason, was selling this Snarling Dogs Blues Bawls wah that needed repair. I decided to buy it and had it sent to guitarfeak. I also had him modify it with blue LED lights instead of the red ones. I always am a fan of things that glow in the dark too (byproduct of being born in the early 80s).

I have a few articles to finish today, but if I have time to jam the wah before tonight's Giants game, I definitely will enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201022_114918.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	6023779Click image for larger version

Name:	20201022_114935.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	6023780
    Soundcloud

very cool

Comment

yo i love that pedal! i like to set mine with the boost and gain on 10...when you kick it in it sounds insane!
      Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Jake tell the truth did you buy it because it is blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Jake tell the truth did you buy it because it is blue?
          Lol. Fair question. This answer is no though. I really bought it because I used to have one that I actually loved using. The LED replacement was a blue choice though...
          Soundcloud

Comment

You kinda forget how much you love something when you are not able to use it for 7 or 8 years. I really forgot how much I love this wah!

It has 3 selecable wah ranges, hitting 3 different frequency ranges of wah-bilities. It also has a pretty nasty OD option you can turn on separate from the wah or simultaneously. I missed this thing!
            Soundcloud

Comment

I've never seen or heard of those, but it is cool.

Comment

So what does this wah do that is different from a regular crybaby? It certainly looks cooler.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Love the positioning of the switch

Comment

That reminds me of those gas pedals that you could buy for your hot rod, from J.C. Whitney, in the 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      So what does this wah do that is different from a regular crybaby? It certainly looks cooler.
                      it has 3 different wah settings, plus a boost and distortion. i got one years ago for like $40 or something...they're pretty sweet.
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I remember those from the late 90’s, there’s one that’s got a ring mod (Mold Spore maybe?) very wild!
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post

it has 3 different wah settings, plus a boost and distortion. i got one years ago for like $40 or something...they're pretty sweet.
                          What are the 3 different wah settings? Is it modeling other specific wahs or does it lower the sweep frequency, etc?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really wanted to try to record some clips. Sure, the cab I use right now is still not broken in and the guitar is definitely not broken in. Still, I actually want to find a way to share this.

For example, Bruce mentioned the switch positioning. That is for the OD. So, it is good to wear socks, not shoes with your Blues Bawls. Don't wanna make a mess while getting your kicks, but yeah, that switch turns the OD on, which is tweakable and pretty damn good.

Then, Dave has questions about the wah. The wah turns on like a normal crybaby, but it is tweakable via volume control as well as 3 modes. White Room, Voo Doo, and Shaft. In short, the WR offers a bass wah frequency range, the Voo Doo is balanced, the Shaft is super trebly. This wah is great. I love it.
                            Last edited by Snake Aces; 10-24-2020, 02:18 AM.
                            Soundcloud

Comment

So one of the eyes lights up when the wah is on. The other one lights up when you turn the OD on.
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X