No announcement yet.

Dracarys review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I dial both my pedal and amp I can reduce some of the nasal tone to it, I find it can get a little grating after a whike. The eq on the pedal is very responsive, as is any of the Wampler eq.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Something I do like about the Dracarys ia with a warmer neck pickup yiu get some of that fkutey, vocal tone. Sounds good with the Sentient amd the Stock IBZ pickup in my Iceman, not as smooth with the AP2 converted from a Jazz in the neck of my ESP/LTD
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I have only used it with the BC Rich with the custom Fralin Metal pickup in it. I am going to give it a run with the Goldtop and the HH Strat tomorrow.

Comment

I just banged on the pedal with the Les Paul through the JC120 I am in love. The downside is I noticed my JC needs some bench love from my tech.

Comment

Glad you like it. Definitely found I have to play w my amp eq drive volume some to get it sound good and sounds best using my Iceman with the Distortion.
            Last edited by Hsb; 04-08-2021, 05:59 AM.
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I put a review of the pedal on my website

Comment

Nice write up sir
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I used it with the full band yesterday. That SOB cut through the mix like a chainsaw. My leads were more articulate, touch sensitivity was insane, and sustain up the wazo. The cool thing was pinch harmonics could be effortlessly pulled out of the guitar. My bass player said "I don't know what setting you are using over there but duct tape them down and never touch them again".

Comment

Been playing around with mine more lately, finally getting some of that crazy nasally upper mid calmed down some. Dig it much better witht he mids around 9am, bass around 1130 and treble between 1230 and 1.
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      I just banged on the pedal with the Les Paul through the JC120 I am in love. The downside is I noticed my JC needs some bench love from my tech.
                      Whats wrong with your amp?
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Of course, my tech said he has never heard of this problem the 35 years he has been working on JC 120s. There is a volume drop/spike when playing but it is not drastic. It is a slow swell that sounds like someone is slowly moving the volume know from 5 -7 - 2 - 7- 6 - 2 - 9 - 8 - ....just random up and down volume swells. I was going to take it in tomorrow but I have to help a friend with something. I have 5 - 6 amps here to play through and 2 half-stacks at the practice space. I want to get it fixed but it is not pressing.
                        Last edited by Securb; 04-18-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

My tech called me it seems a few of the knobs had loose solderjoints as did a few jacks and switches. Not shocking for an almost 50-year-old amp. He when through the entire circuit board and says the samep sounds amazing. Anyone in New England should be using Tom at Aztech Electronics. I am going to grab it Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                            Not for the likes of Maiden, Dokken, etc.
                            A Metal Zone isn't either, but people try. And fail.

Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

A Metal Zone isn't either, but people try. And fail.
                              Truth
                              Jackson Soloist 7 string
                              ESP LTD M-400

Comment

The funny thing about the Metalzone. Most people use it to cut around 800hz while boosting the bass, treble and gain. Into an already distorting amp.
                                Has anyone ever, just for s&g backed off on the treble and bass while boosting ~2k with the mids, not a huge bunch, just a bump?
                                Consider it a challenge. Just for s&g.

Comment

Working...
                                X