Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogman Price Inflation on the Used Market

Hey!

First off, let me say that the few analogman pedals I've owned have all been FANTASTIC, and well-worth the $$$. I've more than gotten my money's worth (and that's saying something!). I was looking into checking out another one of their pedals, and looked and Reverb, only to find that prices were actually HIGHER than newly bought, direct-from-the-source pedals. What gives?!

I don't use many effects. A wah and some dirt are really all I need. I'll pepper in some chorus, delay, or univibe here and there, but if I had to make a compact, "desert island" type board, I wouldn't be too upset leaving time / modulation pedals off of it. In my case, for these pedals, the law of diminishing returns definitely applies, and I'm ok with a budget variety that still does the trick. Part of me says "who in their right mind would pay that much for an XXX??" but if that's your playing style, I certainly can't fault you. On the other hand, I CAN be shocked that someone would pay extra for a second-hand pedal from a Reverber than a new one from the pedal maker himself.

NB: I'm not talking about pedals with parts that are no longer available, like the NKT 275. I'm talking about pedals that are still in production.

Are these Reverbers and eBay folks just hoping that you don't even check the analogman website? What's going on here?__PRESENT
    Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
    Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
    Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
    Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
    Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
    Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
    Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
    Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
    Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
    PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

i can only speak for the king of tone, but the wait list when i got one was over a year long. if you want one now, you have to pay a premium.
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
      i can only speak for the king of tone, but the wait list when i got one was over a year long. if you want one now, you have to pay a premium.
      Yea, it’s now more than two years... I’ve been on it for about a year already. If you’re paying not to wait, I also understand

that said, you can sell a Prince of Tone at or above original price. I’ve actually done it. No idea why anyone was willing to do that, but my eBay auction exceeded the original purchase price...
      Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
      Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
      Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
      Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
      Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
      Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
      Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
      Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
      Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
      PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

Prince of Tone has limited availability, if you aren’t hunting on Wednesdays you’ll miss it.

King of Tone is on a waiting list so that makes sense.

NKT275 and the like are out of production so I get the rarity.

The rest (barring some modded Boss that are SMT now) are easily bought on his site. I think the mystique of the high prices on KOT and fuzzes might drive unknowing buyers to bid too high. Just a guess.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Lack of patience can be costly.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The NKT Sunface is on my want list for a long time...
            Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
            X