Andromeda Delay Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andromeda Delay Review

Fantastic digital and analog delay sounds no problem! The issues are as follows...
    1. Tapping in a tempo is extremely inaccurate.
    2. Tap divisions are programmed incorrectly, ie selecting the quarter note division produces a dotted eighth note instead.
    3. Engaging the effect occurs on release of bypass button as opposed to the initial press so it’s difficult to have the delay turn on at the beginning of the musical passage you’re trying to apply the effect to.
    4. There is a short hiccup or “delay” once turning on the effect as the effect so your first note played is glitchy or perhaps has no effect applied at all.
    5. This pedal NEEDS its own power supply or it will have some very strange, loud and consistent noise issues
    6. The drive knob has a nearly useless range, meaning it’s almost hard to tell if it’s even adding any grit to the delay.
    I’ve recently updated to the latest firmware and have been anxiously awaiting a fix for these bugs as this is a $300 pedal that seems to be getting no support. I’m going to try and use this pedal with midi to see if I can sort out the issues going that route. I’d like to keep and use the Andromeda but I’m not sure if it’s in the cards.

So, did you like it?

what video best represents these things you mention?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The best thing to do is let Seymour Duncan support know. Point them to your review here.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        So, did you like it?

what video best represents these things you mention?
        I like the sound of the delay but it’s functionality makes it unusable for what I bought it for. No one has made a video showing these issues.

Comment

call support, ive played with one of these recently and it didnt have any of those issues that i could tell

Comment

Sounds like a disaster. For that price point you can get a dozen or so high quality pedals that actually perform and function.
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I don't have one here to test, does anyone?

Comment

I run mine through a switcher pedal and switch the patches via midi. I haven’t experienced the issues you described.
                I’ve never tried the tap tempo feature.

Comment

I can't say that I have had any of these issues with mine, although I admittedly haven't had a 'deep dive' into everything it does as I was able to quickly set up what I needed. It's probably too much of a pedal for my needs, but it's excellent. I did upgrade my board's power supply a while ago to a One Spot as it was extremely noisy with the cheap supply I was using, but the One Spot solved that.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                    I run mine through a switcher pedal and switch the patches via midi. I haven’t experienced the issues you described.
                    I’ve never tried the tap tempo feature.
                    Can you test your tap tempo feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Can you test your tap tempo feature?
                      Yes, but it may be a couple of days before I can get to it.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if it is that far off.

Comment

Working...
                        X