So I have a few delays and swirly pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have a few delays and swirly pedals

Doing a little cleaning / reorganizing on a rainy day.

Here are all of my delays and swirly type pedals.
    * Does not include maybe a dozen tremolos
    ** Does not include a Mooer delay, Chorus , and multi-modulation pedal

Comment, discuss, question, ridicule, whatever...

Last edited by Aceman; 11-11-2020, 03:41 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Wow, that's way more than I have. My delays come from a Line 6 DL4, which you clearly need, and 2 Fractal units. My favorites here are the Boost DLA and the Phase 90.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

which is your favorite delay? i like having one analog and one digital. from your stash, id grab the dd3 and ad9 but curious what you prefer

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Wow, that's way more than I have. My delays come from a Line 6 DL4, which you clearly need, and 2 Fractal units. My favorites here are the Boost DLA and the Phase 90.
        In the band I use a Zoom G3n. I used to use the RV3, DD3, AD9 and Garage Tone set for Verb + long solo delay, Solo/Rhythm Delay, Short metalic delay and "on the fly" delay needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          which is your favorite delay? i like having one analog and one digital. from your stash, id grab the dd3 and ad9 but curious what you prefer
          At the end of the day, and every minute in between I love the DD3. Its all I generally want or need.
          The Boost DLA is my second favorite. It has a few more features.
          The Two Timer is a niche pedal, but I really dig it lately. Been punching up all kind of slaps, metallic reverbs, etc with it.

But - I agree; The two you picked would get me through all of music.

Comment

Delay is one of those 'must have' effects for me. I am constantly manipulating the delay time and feedback with an expression pedal. In a band with 1 guitar and no keys, it really fills up a lot of space.

Comment

I could get by with just the BOSS pedals, though that H20 looks tasty.

Comment

Just the RV3, the Digitech CF, and the Marshall Regenerator is a lot of sounds....

The H20 is usually in the loop of my Tubemeister 18. TM18+H2O = Oh Yeah!

The Bosst DLY has been living on top of my Marshall VS100.

The Zoom g3n handles all the 80’s stuff because 80’s hair = different delay every song/solo

Comment

DD3 and RV3 are legendarily awesome pedals -hang on to those -despite 30 something years passing they didn't really get much better than those
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The DD-3 is probably my all time favorite delay. Nice collection of pedals!

How do you like the DigiTech Chorus Factory?

Comment

The Chorus Factory may just be the best, most unknown chorus pedal out there. Sounds great, and it is dead quiet.

Comment

Sell all but three and buy a Free the Tone Future Factory and or Flight Time.
                        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          The Chorus Factory may just be the best, most unknown chorus pedal out there. Sounds great, and it is dead quiet.
                          I agree. I f there is a chorus sound you can't make with that, I have no idea what it is.

You get models of these sounds that are good to start with;

MODEL 1: DigiTech Multi-Chorus
                          MODEL 2: Voodoo LabAnalog Chorus (<- Handles the BOSS CE-2 sound)
                          MODEL 3: TC Electronic Stereo Chorus Flanger
                          MODEL 4: Fulltone Choralflange™
                          MODEL 5: Boss Super Chorus
                          MODEL 6: Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
                          MODEL 7: Boss 5 Chorus Ensemble

And then...Always wish you had a little more control of the EHX Small Clone?

This setting recreates the chorus effect of Electro Harmonix Small Clone
                          Its lush grunge tone still remains a favorite of pros for its multi dimensional
                          personality.
                          LEVEL – Controls the effect output level. Turn clockwise for more effect,
                          or counter-clockwise for less effect.
                          CNTRL 1 (EQ) – Adjusts the high frequencies of the effect. Turn clock-
                          wise for brighter tone, or counter-clockwise for softer, more diffuse tone.
                          SPEED (Rate) – Controls the rate that the chorus modulates. Turn
                          clockwise to increase the rate. Turn counter-clockwise to decrease the
                          rate.
                          CNTRL 2 (Pre Delay) – Determines the amount of offset between the
                          two signals that create the modulation effect. Turn clockwise for a looser
                          chorus effect, or counter-clockwise for a tighter, more flanger-like effect.
                          DEPTH – Controls the intensity of the chorus effect. Turn the knob
                          counter-clockwise for a subtle effect. Turn the knob clockwise for a
                          richer, deeper, processed sound.
                          CNTRL 3 (Stereo Width) – Controls the perceived width of the
                          stereo effect. Turn clockwise for a wider sound, or counter-clockwise for
                          a narrower sound. This control only affects the sound when both outputs
                          are used.

Comment

I don't have that many pedals in total of everything. Those Ibanez Tone Lok pedals are actually really good. I had a DE-7 that kicked butt. Sold it when I sold everything but my amp and cables.

Comment

I still have a TS-7 Tube Screamer, which might be my favorite TS pedal. Now, the SD 805 does the TS thing better, but the TS-7 is my favorite of the Ibanez ones I've tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X