The Boss Xtortion XT-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boss Xtortion XT-2

I picked this pedal up new in 98 and still occasionally use it til this day. It captures the 90s hard rock or metal perfectly. Using a decent EQ with it opens up more sizzle and extra gain if needed. Sounds great with 7 string guitars and active pickups, too. Great pedal and an underrated one. Check em out if you can find a decent priced used one.
    Attached Files

Haven't seen one of those before.

How does it stack up against a Metal Zone?

I know a lot of people complain about Metal Zones; and I literally just got rid of mine 2 weeks ago because I prefer the Fuzz sound with my gear (plus I rarely used it), but Metal Zones still seem fairly popular, especially for Hard Rock.

Just curious if the sound is similar or way different?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
      Haven't seen one of those before.

How does it stack up against a Metal Zone?

I know a lot of people complain about Metal Zones; and I literally just got rid of mine 2 weeks ago because I prefer the Fuzz sound with my gear (plus I rarely used it), but Metal Zones still seem fairly popular, especially for Hard Rock.

Just curious if the sound is similar or way different?
      No, it doesn't sound like a Metal Zone at all. Or any other Boss pedal. Not as much gain either. You can set the Xtortion to sound like a wah. I like it much better than the Metal Zone.

Comment

Ok, I see what you mean...found a YouTube vid with a demo. It certainly sounds cool.

Comment

I'd love one for the collection but you about need to find one organically to get a good deal. Prices on reverb/ebay have really went up on older boss models.

Comment

That has to be one of the worst pedals I’ve ever heard.

Comment

Working...
            X