Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeremy
    replied
    plenty of pros do it. its just a way of getting different levels of gain. core sound plus two flavors of drive that can also be stacked for another option. its nothing new.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Is this stacking overdrives an internet bedroom player thing only? Or are there actually well known pros doing it as well?

I mean I've done it with my Klon and Dover Drive so I'm NOT putting myself in a different category than the rest of you.

But I've never done such a thing on a gig or felt the need to.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    My Wampler Tumnus sounds great with a Homebrew UFO running into it, or when boosting a Fulltone GT-500.

Leave a comment:

• Liam1963
    replied
    I've stacked both my RYRA and my Archer Ikon into a Xotic BB Preamp, I can go from "Keef" tone to nice, thick crunch and still maintain note articulation.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    I ran my Mosky into my Black Secret. I could make some wicked evil metal tones doing that...

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Here's my pedalboard. The Klon goes into the Dover Drive. The Klon is adjusted for mildly overdriven rock tones and rock rhythm. The Dover Drive is adjusted for Eric Johnson style violin tones and British Blues type overdrive tones.

I have the volume of the Klon set low enough that when I have both pedals on the volume doesn't leap way up and they sound excellent together.

I rarely use both at the same time but when I do they sound terrific together. But it's a more overdriven tone than I normally go for.

I've rearranged things since this photo was taken and now have a Wampler Ego Compressor on the board and it goes Polytune into Ego into Klon into Dover Drive into Timeline Delay into HoF Reverb with stereo out feeding two amps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	567F0CA3-B533-4B5F-9CF3-F74E53571496.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6030737
    Last edited by Lewguitar; 11-19-2020, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Maybe I should try my Dirt Clod it has an 808 chip

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    My BYOC Silver Pony (gain at 0) into an SD 805 is a beautiful sound. But I like either pedal by itself just as well.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    ive used a real klon into a green rhino and it sounded great. wonder if the input/output impedance is low on the mosky

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Klon being pushed by BBE Boost, Bohemian Boost, Triskelion, MOOG Drive...I threw everything at it. And reversed the order of the pedals.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    How are you doing this?

Clone into TS9 or something? Or TS9 into Klone?

I say TS9 indicating like, not. RAT/DS1 etc....

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    started a topic Stacking Klones

Stacking Klones

I do a lot of gain staging with boosts/treble boosters and my overdrive/distortion pedals. As much as I like my MOSKY Golden Horse Klon clone I can not find a boost it plays well with. I lose the transparency of the Klon at best in some cases, I get a fuzzy mess, which I like but not for this application. I am looking for the typical gain-stagging results, more sustain, and increased finger sensitivity.

Has anyone had good results stacking a Klon with another boost or overdrive.
Working...
X