banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or does the tc electronic Corona sound artificial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or does the tc electronic Corona sound artificial?

Hello everyone,

I just can't get the tc corona (mini) to give me a natural sound: any thoughts?

What kind of amp are you playing and what are you trying to get out of the chorus? Tremelo? Lush swooshy sounds? 12 string emulation? Some stomps are great at one application good not others.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      What kind of amp are you playing and what are you trying to get out of the chorus? Tremelo? Lush swooshy sounds? 12 string emulation? Some stomps are great at one application good not others.
      Vox AC15 / lush swoosh 'ma non troppo'

Comment

Insert "Fake news Sino-Zionist conspiracy" joke here

...too soon?
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

You have a great amp so that is not the problem. I am listening to the demo and the pedal sounds great especially the Leslie which is hard to do good. I don't know maybe it is not your thing. This is coming from a guy with 5 - 6 Chorus pedals that all get used from time to time. I would say go check out a few more boxes. Out of my choruses that do a great lush swoosh, one was $600 the other is my Ibanez CS9.

Last edited by Securb; 11-19-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

A static 1-repeat delay after any chorus, phaser or flanger will make it thicker and more lush. You have to play with how many milliseconds (4ms - 16ms or so) and the mix, but it thickens it by doubling the effect partially out of phase.

Comment

I didn't care for the TC Corona either. You know a good one is the new Deluxe Memory Man. At about 1:40 you can hear some chorus and delay.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Flores_68 View Post
                Hello everyone,

I just can't get the tc corona (mini) to give me a natural sound: any thoughts?
                You tried making your own toneprint for it? There will be more options to fine tune in the editor. Alternatively, you could hunt down an analog chorus for cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                  I didn't care for the TC Corona either. You know a good one is the new Deluxe Memory Man. At about 1:40 you can hear some chorus and delay.

I just swapped pedals with a friend and I got a Rocktron Deep Blue which theoretically isn't a top notch pedal and... problem solved! It sounds rich, full etc.

Comment

I had some issues with the Flashback II, as well. Even going into the Toneprint software, I couldn't get it to replicate something like an awesome modulated delay. It is like the whole pedal was in black & white, and the actual pedals it was modeling were in color.
                    There are some TC pedals I like...the X4 looper is superb. And I generally don't mind models- my Line 6 DL4 (25 years old?) and Fractal can mimic old delay pedals very, very well. No idea why I didn't get that feeling from the Flashback.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i had a similar issue with the vortex flanger...i loved the flashback, the HoF, and the Ditto, and was offered the Vortex very cheap so i took a chance. I hated it. Very harsh and like you said, artificial sounding. I sold it and immediately went back to my mxr evh flanger. Different pedals do different things, even under the same umbrella of chorus, flange, od, etc. You'll find one that works for you.
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Working...
                      X