Rectifier in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I haven’t tried a bunch but it has that bass and grind. I like the soft switch version too.
    Soft switch version?
    Tone is in the hands, but it helps to have gear that doesn't totally blow ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post

Soft switch version?
      For a long time they had the standard stomp switches, but just before it was discontinued it was switched over to the soft switch with internal relay for bypass. You’ve got the latest generation before it was discontinued.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
        Wampler Triple Wreck, have to buy it on the used market
        OMG. That pedal is like no big deal, right?

Comment

Big enough deal I have heard of it...
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	14B266B2-6492-42D3-9DE5-A2A1FECDB344.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	6050801

Comment

I did so much reading on the Dorknet, trying to find informed opinions about this. A few people who claimed to know the answer. Many who felt certain that such-and-such pedal modeled a Boogie, but they didn’t know which Boogie. A few bad-mouthing this or that pedal without a lot of credibility.

But what got me through it all was faith in long-time forum members, and in Wampler. I really gave the Triple Wreck a good workout yesterday, and it did exactly what I was looking for. With a guitar in standard tuning and an EMG 81 in the bridge, I kept playing bits of songs from Lightning, Puppets, and Justice, and it sounded great. I’m done looking for this type of pedal now; I want to play.

Click image for larger version  Name:	56A68A3F-F4DE-47DF-8200-73D67811908F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	6050816

Comment

Name:	14B266B2-6492-42D3-9DE5-A2A1FECDB344.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	6050801
                I think she is simultaneously incredibly hot, and at the same time incredibly crazy scary...

Comment

Name:	7E82DFF5-5669-4AEC-9469-031C9AC8DE6B.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	6050869Watch that whole Jimmy Fallon segment. And PM me if you get the Alf joke.
                  Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 01-24-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I think she is simultaneously incredibly hot, and at the same time incredibly crazy scary...
                    I like Kate. She’s funny and smart.

Comment

Or twisted and dangerous?

Comment

All of the above?

Was the connection that she munches on kitties like ALF?

Has anyone compared the Tone City Model B to more expensive pedals? Or the AMT R-variants? For real in front of them I mean.
                        Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 01-26-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                          Was the connection that she munches on kitties like ALF?
                          No. Honestly, I didn’t make that connection. I was thinking of something Diablo Cody said in an interview ten or twelve years ago. It turns out to be a positive comment on the Triple Wreck.
                          Last edited by Little Pigbacon; 01-26-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

No. Not seeing this twisted and dangerous side of Kate McKinnon. I mean, what I am seeing is a public persona. She’s an entertainer; she’s doing her job.

Comment

The crazy is an act -it's her differentiator . trust me.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

No. Not seeing this twisted and dangerous side of Kate McKinnon. I mean, what I am seeing is a public persona. She’s an entertainer; she’s doing her job.
                                Yes, this is my thought. She knows what she is doing.
                                Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Working...
                                X