• Show
Clear All

• formula73
    replied
    Where’s the fun in that?

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    i dont think the soul food is a good klone example. its a fine overdrive but it doesnt do what the klon does to my ears.

it would be really nice if every one avoided the people they dont like on here. its always the same people getting into pissing matches and its crap that no one wants to deal with

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    The closest I got to a real Centaur was a Soul Food. While it's a good overdrive, there was something grating that I could not dial out of it. The cut with it is great but I couldn't get it to sound right for me. Went back and forth with it a few times. Sold it and plenty happy with my Boss OD-3.

Maybe it needs those mythical magical diodes....LOL (watched the video and that's the funniest part)
    Last edited by ErikH; 11-25-2020, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I use it as a distortion generator in most cases. There are some 70's tunes on our setlist that lend themselves to the Klone a bit better than my MXRs.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    I’ve been reading about the Klon for longer than Josh has been modifying pedals, which pretty much makes me an internet expert on it.

All joking aside, does anyone else find it humorous how a decade ago it was a “transparent OD” and now it’s a “mid humped OD”? Granted, most used to use it as a boost before, now a lot of people use it as a distortion generator.

In the world of mythical ODs, I lean toward the KOT over the Klon. The beauty of all the options available now!

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by formula73 View Post

I’m not mindless. That said, I AM emotionally stable enough not to have nightmares about a couple disagreements on an internet forum.

Deuces.
    And I am not an alcoholic. I will not lose any sleep or have nightmares because someone called me one.

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

Erik, we've met and you're a good guy. Most of the members here are.

Mindless trolls like Formula, alcoholic sociopaths like Securb, and outright idiots like Assman are not. Assman regularly gets thrown off of this forum for his poisoness behavior.

These guys are rage-o-holics and contribute nothing of use to the forum.

They only poison the atmosphere for the other members who come here in search of help and useful information.

I laughed off their behavior yesterday but wound up having nightmares last night because of their poisoness attacks.

I avoided this forum for several years because of people like them and only returned because I started spending more time online because of social isolation due to COVID.

But I've had enough.

This is no fun.

I'm out of here and these snakes can spread their venom as much as they like and spray it in as wide an arc as the moderators will allow.

Personally, I think they all should be banned for life.

But I'm banning myself as of now.
    I’m not mindless. That said, I AM emotionally stable enough not to have nightmares about a couple disagreements on an internet forum.

Deuces.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Urine contest over, seeing the person that started it has left.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    i feel the inadequacy of my Jr College Music theory degree

all parallel 5ths and octaves

unresolved leading tones

reaching tones and escape tones

you sniffers are way ahead of me

some one must concede the urine contest so that the thread can move forward

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    dubious of any gear posts related to Beck -Jeff Beck sounds amazing through a mildewed Peavey Rage missing the clean channel.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Y'all are in a pissing contest. Who cares who went where and studied what? Lew thinks the dude in the video can't hold a candle to Clapton and Beck (probably can't, IDK, I didn't watch the video) and doesn't know how to make a Klon sound good and that's his opinion.

If it sounds good TO YOU, then it is good.
    Erik, we've met and you're a good guy. Most of the members here are.

Mindless trolls like Formula, alcoholic sociopaths like Securb, and outright idiots like Assman are not. Assman regularly gets thrown off of this forum for his poisoness behavior.

These guys are rage-o-holics and contribute nothing of use to the forum.

They only poison the atmosphere for the other members who come here in search of help and useful information.

I laughed off their behavior yesterday but wound up having nightmares last night because of their poisoness attacks.

I avoided this forum for several years because of people like them and only returned because I started spending more time online because of social isolation due to COVID.

But I've had enough.

This is no fun.

I'm out of here and these snakes can spread their venom as much as they like and spray it in as wide an arc as the moderators will allow.

Personally, I think they all should be banned for life.

But I'm banning myself as of now.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    Y'all are in a pissing contest. Who cares who went where and studied what? Lew thinks the dude in the video can't hold a candle to Clapton and Beck (probably can't, IDK, I didn't watch the video) and doesn't know how to make a Klon sound good and that's his opinion.

If it sounds good TO YOU, then it is good.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I love the description being a fan of electronic music I would love to debate it with you. Does it have to be a muscular action? Being the author of much bad music does someone besides me have to find it pleasing? Let's take the discussion offline so we don't have to discuss "actual melodies" with Lew.
    Well - here is the idea behind that:

For anything to create a sound, you need to act upon it. So, for the "electronic" keyboard or whatever to make music, you need to press buttons to make it go. You may only need to press one button, but at some point you are even programming it by typing instructions.

And - it includes voice. Diaphram, throat, tongue, lips etc....all muscles.

It was a pretty deep effing statement.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I love the description being a fan of electronic music I would love to debate it with you. Does it have to be a muscular action? Being the author of much bad music does someone besides me have to find it pleasing? Let's take the discussion offline so we don't have to discuss "actual melodies" with Lew.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    well, as long as we are breaking out the sheepskins, while working on my PhD I did research at the Florida State Center for Music Research. There three of those in the country and I'm sure Lew has never been to any of them

Their definition of music - and I loved it, was "Any muscular action that results in a sound that the listener finds pleasing." Fascinating that academics would set such a practical bar...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X