So you THINK you know Klon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

I probably listen to more actual music (you know: harmony, rhythm, actual melody) than you do.
    Music by definition is harmony, rhythm, and melody. And what is actual melody?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Music by definition is harmony, rhythm, and melody. And what is actual melody?
      But I shouldn't be surprised that you don't know what melody is.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Well, metaphorically speaking, melody is what the lead voice of the song is saying. Rhythm sets the tone of the conversation and harmony is the extra seasoning.
        Then, of course, there is point/counterpoint.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

But I shouldn't be surprised that you don't know what melody is.
          I know what melody is I am asking what "actual melody" is to point out how moronic your statement is. Lew, I attended Berklee College of Music I have a feeling for what melody is.

Comment

Ok experts, describe for me the actual melody of John Cage's 4'33"

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              Ok experts, describe for me the actual melody of John Cage's 4'33"
              Depends on which key you are playing it in.

Comment

I know what melody is I am asking what "actual melody" is to point out how moronic your statement is. Lew, I attended Berklee College of Music I have a feeling for what melody is.
                What'd you major in? Lunchroom or Barroom? Or both?

Comment

What'd you major in? Lunchroom or Barroom? Or both?
                  Arranging and I did work in the dining hall after classes for extra cash.

Comment

well, as long as we are breaking out the sheepskins, while working on my PhD I did research at the Florida State Center for Music Research. There three of those in the country and I'm sure Lew has never been to any of them

Their definition of music - and I loved it, was "Any muscular action that results in a sound that the listener finds pleasing." Fascinating that academics would set such a practical bar...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love the description being a fan of electronic music I would love to debate it with you. Does it have to be a muscular action? Being the author of much bad music does someone besides me have to find it pleasing? Let's take the discussion offline so we don't have to discuss "actual melodies" with Lew.

Comment

I love the description being a fan of electronic music I would love to debate it with you. Does it have to be a muscular action? Being the author of much bad music does someone besides me have to find it pleasing? Let's take the discussion offline so we don't have to discuss "actual melodies" with Lew.
                        Well - here is the idea behind that:

For anything to create a sound, you need to act upon it. So, for the "electronic" keyboard or whatever to make music, you need to press buttons to make it go. You may only need to press one button, but at some point you are even programming it by typing instructions.

And - it includes voice. Diaphram, throat, tongue, lips etc....all muscles.

It was a pretty deep effing statement.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Y'all are in a pissing contest. Who cares who went where and studied what? Lew thinks the dude in the video can't hold a candle to Clapton and Beck (probably can't, IDK, I didn't watch the video) and doesn't know how to make a Klon sound good and that's his opinion.

If it sounds good TO YOU, then it is good.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            Y'all are in a pissing contest. Who cares who went where and studied what? Lew thinks the dude in the video can't hold a candle to Clapton and Beck (probably can't, IDK, I didn't watch the video) and doesn't know how to make a Klon sound good and that's his opinion.

If it sounds good TO YOU, then it is good.
                            Erik, we've met and you're a good guy. Most of the members here are.

Mindless trolls like Formula, alcoholic sociopaths like Securb, and outright idiots like Assman are not. Assman regularly gets thrown off of this forum for his poisoness behavior.

These guys are rage-o-holics and contribute nothing of use to the forum.

They only poison the atmosphere for the other members who come here in search of help and useful information.

I laughed off their behavior yesterday but wound up having nightmares last night because of their poisoness attacks.

I avoided this forum for several years because of people like them and only returned because I started spending more time online because of social isolation due to COVID.

But I've had enough.

This is no fun.

I'm out of here and these snakes can spread their venom as much as they like and spray it in as wide an arc as the moderators will allow.

Personally, I think they all should be banned for life.

But I'm banning myself as of now.

Comment

dubious of any gear posts related to Beck -Jeff Beck sounds amazing through a mildewed Peavey Rage missing the clean channel.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

i feel the inadequacy of my Jr College Music theory degree

all parallel 5ths and octaves

unresolved leading tones

reaching tones and escape tones

you sniffers are way ahead of me

some one must concede the urine contest so that the thread can move forward
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X