No announcement yet.

So you THINK you know Klon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urine contest over, seeing the person that started it has left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

Erik, we've met and you're a good guy. Most of the members here are.

Mindless trolls like Formula, alcoholic sociopaths like Securb, and outright idiots like Assman are not. Assman regularly gets thrown off of this forum for his poisoness behavior.

These guys are rage-o-holics and contribute nothing of use to the forum.

They only poison the atmosphere for the other members who come here in search of help and useful information.

I laughed off their behavior yesterday but wound up having nightmares last night because of their poisoness attacks.

I avoided this forum for several years because of people like them and only returned because I started spending more time online because of social isolation due to COVID.

But I've had enough.

This is no fun.

I'm out of here and these snakes can spread their venom as much as they like and spray it in as wide an arc as the moderators will allow.

Personally, I think they all should be banned for life.

But I'm banning myself as of now.
      I’m not mindless. That said, I AM emotionally stable enough not to have nightmares about a couple disagreements on an internet forum.

Deuces.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post

I’m not mindless. That said, I AM emotionally stable enough not to have nightmares about a couple disagreements on an internet forum.

Deuces.
        And I am not an alcoholic. I will not lose any sleep or have nightmares because someone called me one.

Comment

I’ve been reading about the Klon for longer than Josh has been modifying pedals, which pretty much makes me an internet expert on it.

All joking aside, does anyone else find it humorous how a decade ago it was a “transparent OD” and now it’s a “mid humped OD”? Granted, most used to use it as a boost before, now a lot of people use it as a distortion generator.

In the world of mythical ODs, I lean toward the KOT over the Klon. The beauty of all the options available now!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I use it as a distortion generator in most cases. There are some 70's tunes on our setlist that lend themselves to the Klone a bit better than my MXRs.

Comment

The closest I got to a real Centaur was a Soul Food. While it's a good overdrive, there was something grating that I could not dial out of it. The cut with it is great but I couldn't get it to sound right for me. Went back and forth with it a few times. Sold it and plenty happy with my Boss OD-3.

Maybe it needs those mythical magical diodes....LOL (watched the video and that's the funniest part)
              Last edited by ErikH; 11-25-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

i dont think the soul food is a good klone example. its a fine overdrive but it doesnt do what the klon does to my ears.

it would be really nice if every one avoided the people they dont like on here. its always the same people getting into pissing matches and its crap that no one wants to deal with

Comment

Where’s the fun in that?

Comment

if thats what you do for fun, time to find something else

Comment

The Klon obviously has a sound, and a feel, if you will. But at the end of the day, the circuit is well known these days. The style has been repeated by the Chinese, low end makers, hobbyists, boutique makers, midliners, and even major vendors.

Do any of them sound EXACTLY the same? Of course not. But Josh is right there in the room. I'd venture he knows as much about any pedal as everyone here combined. He seems to think they a sooo similar that it may not matter, especially in a band contest.

The Klon is a matter of great debate and mystery. Josh threw an epic amount of information and expert opinion out there. You don't have to agree with him...You may not agree with me - that's fine too. Why? Because if we all agreed there would be a TS9 and that would be it.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        i dont think the soul food is a good klone example. its a fine overdrive but it doesnt do what the klon does to my ears.
                        I wasn't sure. I've never used a real one and the SF was $50 used when I got it so I figured why not. Sold it for $40.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          if thats what you do for fun, time to find something else
                          Nah. I like it here.

Comment

I use a KLon -always on -for a touch of gain and grit but also because it really creates some separation and clarity in arpeggios and chordal based multi note passages (lots of notes ringing through) -it has a way of revealing your playing good and bad.

It's made me a better player -you can't hide in the band mix as much with a Klon
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Cool video.

Deeply stupid thread.
                              ---------------------------
                              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                                Cool video.

Deeply stupid thread.
                                I get it. But to me, it is just a pedal. It sounds good, but I also have other pedals that sound good.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X