X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
    What'd you major in? Lunchroom or Barroom? Or both?
    Arranging and I did work in the dining hall after classes for extra cash.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post

I know what melody is I am asking what "actual melody" is to point out how moronic your statement is. Lew, I attended Berklee College of Music I have a feeling for what melody is.
    What'd you major in? Lunchroom or Barroom? Or both?

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Ok experts, describe for me the actual melody of John Cage's 4'33"
    Depends on which key you are playing it in.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Ok experts, describe for me the actual melody of John Cage's 4'33"

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

But I shouldn't be surprised that you don't know what melody is.
    I know what melody is I am asking what "actual melody" is to point out how moronic your statement is. Lew, I attended Berklee College of Music I have a feeling for what melody is.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Well, metaphorically speaking, melody is what the lead voice of the song is saying. Rhythm sets the tone of the conversation and harmony is the extra seasoning.
    Then, of course, there is point/counterpoint.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied

Music by definition is harmony, rhythm, and melody. And what is actual melody?
    But I shouldn't be surprised that you don't know what melody is.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

I probably listen to more actual music (you know: harmony, rhythm, actual melody) than you do.
    Music by definition is harmony, rhythm, and melody. And what is actual melody?

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied

I probably listen to more actual music (you know: harmony, rhythm, actual melody) than you do.

And I probably know more about Eric Clapton and his music and gear choices over the years than you do too.

But that has nothing to do with fumble fingered nerds demoing Klons and not being able to get the magic tones out of them that a player who can actually PLAY get out of them.
    Dude, dispite what you might think, you are NOT that much better than everybody. Gtf off your high horse.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Then you don't listen to much.

I've seen vids of Clapton playing through an assortment of crap, and sounding just like Clapton as good as he ever does. I can add a dozen names to that list.

Jeff Beck could be giving a concert through POD Xt behind and amp and you'd swear it was the greatest thing you ever heard.

And I probably know more about Eric Clapton and his music and gear choices over the years than you do too.

But that has nothing to do with fumble fingered nerds demoing Klons and not being able to get the magic tones out of them that a player who can actually PLAY get out of them.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    JHS. Metal Zone shirt.
    Look very closely at the shirt....that's not exactly what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

I've yet to hear it.

Most of the guys doing Klon demos might be able to squeeze toothpaste out of a tube but lack the touch to squeeze a note out of a guitar.
    Then you don't listen to much.

I've seen vids of Clapton playing through an assortment of crap, and sounding just like Clapton as good as he ever does. I can add a dozen names to that list.

Jeff Beck could be giving a concert through POD Xt behind and amp and you'd swear it was the greatest thing you ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• formula73
    replied

I've yet to hear it.

Most of the guys doing Klon demos might be able to squeeze toothpaste out of a tube but lack the touch to squeeze a note out of a guitar.
    Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    replied
    Jeff Beck is going to make anything sound good. When a guy of modest talent is squeezing a righteous tone out of a piece of equipment I am impressed.
    I've yet to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Jeff Beck is going to make anything sound good. When a guy of modest talent is squeezing a righteous tone out of a piece of equipment I am impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X