X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you THINK you know Klon?

You don't know jack.

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

JHS. Metal Zone shirt. Yeah baby. I'm happy to not know jack. It's more fun just knowing sound and quickly discerning what knobs to turn to get there.

Have an Ikon, best I could get for the money. I notice everytime I get 'that' piece of gear, it only reveals it's worth and potential if everything around it is also stellar: right guitar, right amp, right settings, and excellent dynamic personal performance on the instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      JHS. Metal Zone shirt. Yeah baby. I'm happy to not know jack. It's more fun just knowing sound and quickly discerning what knobs to turn to get there.

Have an Ikon, best I could get for the money. I notice everytime I get 'that' piece of gear, it only reveals it's worth and potential if everything around it is also stellar: right guitar, right amp, right settings, and excellent dynamic personal performance on the instrument.
      Yeah, I can make the finest gear sound like early Misfits.

Comment

I have three Klon KTR's. After buying one, I wanted to be sure I had at least one for the rest of my life.

But if you want to know what a Klon can do why listen to someone who can barely play?

Most of the guys demoing Klons can barely play.

Here's who you need to be listening to:

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Comment

here's what i know. after playing through (not watching youtube videos of), the soul food, the golden horse, the mythical overdrive, the tumnus, the archer, and a klon, they all sound slightly different. in a blind test, i chose the klon. YMMV. i would never pay the price people are asking for the OG, so i've been using the mythical overdrive for a few years now.
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Jeff Beck IS a legend, true, but he is not the only legend out there.

Comment

Comment

Jeff Beck is going to make anything sound good. When a guy of modest talent is squeezing a righteous tone out of a piece of equipment I am impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    Jeff Beck is going to make anything sound good. When a guy of modest talent is squeezing a righteous tone out of a piece of equipment I am impressed.
                    I've yet to hear it.

Most of the guys doing Klon demos might be able to squeeze toothpaste out of a tube but lack the touch to squeeze a note out of a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

I've yet to hear it.

Most of the guys doing Klon demos might be able to squeeze toothpaste out of a tube but lack the touch to squeeze a note out of a guitar.
                      Wow.

Comment

I've yet to hear it.

Then you don't listen to much.

I've seen vids of Clapton playing through an assortment of crap, and sounding just like Clapton as good as he ever does. I can add a dozen names to that list.

Jeff Beck could be giving a concert through POD Xt behind and amp and you'd swear it was the greatest thing you ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          JHS. Metal Zone shirt.
                          Look very closely at the shirt....that's not exactly what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Then you don't listen to much.

I've seen vids of Clapton playing through an assortment of crap, and sounding just like Clapton as good as he ever does. I can add a dozen names to that list.

Jeff Beck could be giving a concert through POD Xt behind and amp and you'd swear it was the greatest thing you ever heard.
                            I probably listen to more actual music (you know: harmony, rhythm, actual melody) than you do.

And I probably know more about Eric Clapton and his music and gear choices over the years than you do too.

But that has nothing to do with fumble fingered nerds demoing Klons and not being able to get the magic tones out of them that a player who can actually PLAY get out of them.

Comment

I probably listen to more actual music (you know: harmony, rhythm, actual melody) than you do.

And I probably know more about Eric Clapton and his music and gear choices over the years than you do too.

But that has nothing to do with fumble fingered nerds demoing Klons and not being able to get the magic tones out of them that a player who can actually PLAY get out of them.
                              Dude, dispite what you might think, you are NOT that much better than everybody. Gtf off your high horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X