Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay, Reverb/Delay Pedal Suggestions

Good day,

I'm looking for a reverb-delay combo pedal to replace my current reverb and delay pedals.
    The only two real requirements is that the delay needs a subdivision changer with at least dotted 8th as an option and a tap tempo preferably with an LED indicator for the tempo; a huge plus is a separate control for the reverb on/off, tap, and delay on/off. The reverb doesn't need to be anything special; just a simple plate, spring, or hall style reverb that has the normal mixing knobs on it, but any extra features would be nice. Digital or analog is fine, but I'm leaning more towards digital this time around.

I want this as a combo to save space, but if there is another single delay (not a combo) that doesn't take up much space in width (4.3 in/11 cm and less), with skipping the reverb, that is also acceptable.

My current delay is a Way Huge Supa Puss, but it doesn't keep it's tempo, and I don't have the know-how to fix it myself. The fact that it doesn't keep it's tempo makes it unreliable for me and I hardly ever use it for this reason.

Thanks,
    GreatOz.
    Last edited by GreatOz; 12-01-2020, 12:06 PM.

Have you looked at the H9?

Comment

Most combo pedals are gonna be a larger size. I'd actually pick a Line 6 M9, which does both really, really well. But it is a bigger pedal.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't mind a larger size with a reverb/delay combo because it'll replace both my malfunctioning delay pedal and my current reverb. I was just saying that if there's a good single delay out there that does what I need, it needs to be a more normal-sized pedal is all.

What all does the M9 do?
        (Edit, I was thinking of the DL4 lol)

It's looking like there's a few options that do what I'm looking for:

For combos:

Source Audio Collider
        Eventide H9
        Fender Reflecting Pool
        Seymour Duncan Dark Sun
        Last edited by GreatOz; 12-01-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I'd actually pick a Line 6 M9, which does both really, really well. But it is a bigger pedal.
          I looked at the dimensions, it's too big for my board. I think the Fender Reflecting Pool is the longest and widest that will fit on my current board without getting a bigger one.

Comment

I don't know much about combos.

My favorite reverb pedal is the Hall of Fame 2 from TC.

Two of my favorite delays are the Memory Man Deluxe like Eric Johnson and Brent Mason use or the Strymon Timeline which Robben Ford and tons of guys use. I've owned them both. They're large pedals though.

For a more compact delay pedal the Providence Chrono Delay gets a great tone. Larry Carlton uses one and so do I. I also have a Timeline.

I have a Timeline and HoF on one board and a Chrono Delay and HoF on a smaller board.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

i have a dark sun and i really like it. its got a tap feature and you can have a bunch of presets so could setup whatever you wanted and toggle through em if you needed different sounds

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
                It's looking like there's a few options that do what I'm looking for:
                Eventide H9
                You can grab a used H9 Core on the secondary market for $300. The SPACE Reverbs are sick. I love the delays, the analog reproductions sound spot-on authentic and the digital delays are mind-blowing. Add to that the pitch shifting and modulation and how can you go wrong. Even the distortion settings are very cool.
                Last edited by Securb; 12-01-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

There are a number of these combo jobs out now. The ambient crowd digs them apparently.

Can't suggest one though...
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Does the Dark Sun also do standard reverbs and delays? I don't have one, and it has been over a year since I tried one. If you don't need reverb and delay at the same time, look at the Line6 M5, too.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      If you don't need reverb and delay at the same time, look at the Line6 M5, too.
                      Unfortunately, I would them both toggleable and independent as if they were two separate pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post

Unfortunately, I would them both toggleable and independent as if they were two separate pedals.
                        You are not going to get that with the H9

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You are not going to get that with the H9
                          This is good to know, I can scratch it off my search list then.

Comment

I went with the Source Audio Collider.

Comment

A nice choice they make solid stuff. I have their Classic Distortion it is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X