BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender

Interesting that BOSS is creating a version of the mother of boutique fuzz's.

Introducing the BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender.On the 1st of December 2020 we unveiled the BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender, inspired by the iconic  Sola Sound  Tone Bender MK...

Introducing the BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender. On the 1st of December 2020 we unveiled the BOSS TB-2W Tone Bender, inspired by the iconic Sola Sound Tone Bender MK ...

To me it's a wasted waza,,,,,,,,,but I'm sure others will like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      What would be a better choice?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Is there a quota on how many can be produced?
        Last edited by idsnowdog; 12-04-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

At this point they’ve made 8, have 1 in the pipeline (TW-2W) and kicked off development on another (HM-2W).

There is definitely desire out there for a BF-2W, FZ-2W, Space Echo Waza, PH-1W and SG-1W, amongst others.

Some user desires from a few years ago. Since then they’ve announced the OC-5, the TW-2W and the development of the HM-2W. In think a small Space Echo would be very cool.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5E029A93-16C6-4DB9-AFC4-5420BFF42264.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	6034997
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have the new CE-2W Chorus. It's great! Has the sounds of both the old CE-1 and the old CE-2.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            At this point they’ve made 8, have 1 in the pipeline (TW-2W) and kicked off development on another (HM-2W).

There is definitely desire out there for a BF-2W, FZ-2W, Space Echo Waza, PH-1W and SG-1W, amongst others.

Some user desires from a few years ago. Since then they’ve announced the OC-5, the TW-2W and the development of the HM-2W. In think a small Space Echo would be very cool.

Click image for larger version Name:	5E029A93-16C6-4DB9-AFC4-5420BFF42264.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	6034997
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

My Source Audio SA142 Classic Distortion has a spot on Fender Bender setting that sparingly gets used. Being a Fuzz fan, I like it, but I could not see spending money or pedal board real estate for just that tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                My Source Audio SA142 Classic Distortion has a spot on Fender Bender setting that sparingly gets used. Being a Fuzz fan, I like it, but I could not see spending money or pedal board real estate for just that tone.
                Wow! Did they pretty much cover all bases with one Box.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  Wow! Did they pretty much cover all bases with one Box.
                  They have it stacked. You can also control the gain pre and post mids control and the built-in EQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

What would be a better choice?
                    One you would surely give a shot,,,,,,,,,the PH-1rw. (the r no longer standing for resonance, but instead now for "remote", as in remote switchable to the new custom mode.

1. Boss hasn't had an analogue phaser in the lineup for 20yrs! (except the anniversary box set's 2-knob og PH-1,,,,,,but those are scarce and a million $!)

2. Boss hasn't had a green pedal that's commonly liked in 30yrs! (I do like the PH-2 and PH-3 and it's weird stuff, but most seem to not.

3. Still no phaser or flanger in the Waza series,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we're waiting Boss dudes.

4. The PH-1 and PH-1r are getting hard to find in good shape at non-inflated prices.

5. The toggle switchable custom mode could simply be a stage-doubled mode like the second mode of the PH-2 is to it.
                    Same concept as they used on their turbo ODr and turbo distortion.

6. The "r" should now stand for "remote", so you can footswitch to custom mode for extreme swirliness on crazy cleans.
                    Last edited by dave74; 12-05-2020, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                      Is there a quota on how many can be produced?
                      Not by me there sure isn't,,,,,,,I've just been hoping for the phaser a long time now, and they've done how many drive pedals now?,,,,, several at the least.
                      And for Boss of all companies to not produce a simple analogue phaser in 20yrs! Wow

Comment

Not by me there sure isn't,,,,,,,I've just been hoping for the phaser a long time now, and they've done how many drive pedals now?,,,,, several at the least.
                        And for Boss of all companies to not produce a simple analogue phaser in 20yrs! Wow
                        Boss' version of a phaser was always weird, though. It is like it had too many stages to get the simple Phase 45 or Small Stone sounds. It always sounded like a Leslie cabinet powered by a Harley motor.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

yeah, was not a fan of the boss phasers. i gave away two of em over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            yeah, was not a fan of the boss phasers. i gave away two of em over the years.
                            Dunno about Boss phasers, but the MXR phasers are cool for Ernie Isley, Who's That Lady?" kind of tones.
                            Last edited by Lewguitar; 12-06-2020, 08:45 AM.
                            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Well then the custom mode could be half their standard PH-1r stages. (so it could be a 4-stage and a custom-mode 2-stage)
                              Isn't the whole point of the Waza series supposed to be improvement?
                              anyone, anyone,,,Bueller?

The better buffers and a true-bypass switch like the waza tuner would be great additions also.

And what about a Waza compressor?
                              People always rave about their modded Boss compressors, so why not do a waza that negates the need to do mods.
                              Last edited by dave74; 12-05-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X