Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devastone
    replied
    I'm a MXR fan too, although I'm currently using models in my Boss GT-1k. I had a MXR Micro Flanger and really liked it.

Leave a comment:

• Francois
    replied
    I love Flanger !!! My fave is the MXR M117 but they is also cheaper ones. As somenone said the Boss BF-2 is nice.
    The Mooer is very cheap (but I never tried it).

Leave a comment:

• Highway Chile
    replied
    I like the EVH flanger the best for the overall sound, but it takes 18 volts. I usually run mine using two batteries (or use one of my other flangers that can use 9v power supplies). Ymmv

Leave a comment:

• Bill Dennis
    replied
    I use mxr flangers. The micro and the EVH. They get the job done

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    For those few times I use a flanger, I really like my DOD FX75C. IIRC, it's all analog. Very smooth and warm sounding. The 4-knob control, lets you shape the sound however you want. Can be found used for under a $100.

And, it has stereo out.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    It's the one digital pedal effect I just can't get into.... but doing a real flanger effect with your thumb on the reel to reel is a lot of fun in the studio.

Used to do them all the time with artists looking for a "moment"

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Flanger is an effect that I have a hard time with. I would always reach for a phaser instead. Maybe this thread will make me aware of a flanger I will like.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied
    BTW: Joyo Classic Flanger is a real analog flanger, and copy of FL-9, if you want to try again that style out for cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Jacew
    replied
    I like them on the subtle side too, and too often it can sound pretty cheesy. I'd suggest you to try out HF-2. By far the best sounding flanger in my opinion.

Some say flanging is on thin side in it, but I like that. Especially since it also thickens the unflanged lower portion of signal , it sounds glorious and doesn't mess up the song at all, even if you're playing rhythm.

Elec Lady is good for clean EM style flanger surely too. I used to have real EM deluxe, but it was super finicky and very noisy.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Flangers won't cost you an arm..... they cost you your dignity....

Flanger Jokes.... I got em.

Sorry. I kid.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    I don't get any clock noise running the e-lady, but am running isolated power to it. It's analog.

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    Not to sound like a newb but do all analog flange have clock noise? Or is there some that have it filtered out, like how analog delay does (or so I assume).

Leave a comment:

• AllHailDIO
    replied
    Originally posted by ErikH View Post

My first suggestion right there. I will add, if you find one of the old BF-2B Bass Flangers (brown box) for a good deal, they work great with guitar too. Same exact circuit as the BF-2 but with a few cap changes here and there to make it work better for bass. I had one and sold it, stupidly. I swear, it sounded like the old AC powered MXR Flanger, which I also had at one point and stupidly sold. See a pattern here? LOL

The MXR Flanger is great too though I personally would lean towards the EVH model myself.

The old Ibanez FL-9 is really cool too, though can be pricey.
    Haha I do see a trend!

And yes... I actually had a FL-9 but sold it years ago. I had a very very long phase in my life where I found all modulation to not be my cup of tea... Often thinking of them as "cheesy". But after finding a new appreciation for chorus, I thought I should check out flangers too. My gut reaction was to get a FL-9 again but figured since the boutique pedal boom of the 00s, I'm sure there's more options now.

I'll definitely check out the BOSS and MXR!

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    The MXR Flanger is great too though I personally would lean towards the EVH model myself.
    Agreed it sounds great but there is a volume drop when engaged that drove me crazy. That is when I bought the MOOG with the output control.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarStv
    replied
    The mooer e-lady is a really nice flanger. Way nicer than it should be for 30$. It sounds like it's based on the electric lady that Gilmour used.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X