Clyde McCoy wah vs everything else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde McCoy wah vs everything else

Let's talk wah wah chicka bow wow right now!

Originally posted by esandes View Post
    Let's talk wah wah chicka bow wow right now!
    What about them specifically? I have a Teese RMC-4 and I really like it for clean to moderate overdrive. Anything heavier than SRV or Led Zep and it tends to be too subtle though. I also have a Wilson Signature Wah on my main board for gigging with my Marshalls, which is based on the Clyde with four trim pots to fine tune the sound. I'm typically playing heavier stuff with it, so I have it dialed in a bit more aggressive than stock.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have a 1990's Clyde, hand signed on the base. Lifetime warranty, as long as MIchael Fuller is alive. Has a wider sweep than my Thomas Organ CryBaby. Quieter and great tone, not abrasive piercing honk but smooth and vocal. Supposedly he was taking NOS and old inductors from military surplus and old VOX pedals at the time. (Not sure how they compare to whatever the source is now.)

Comment

Currently, I use a Line 6 HX Effects, which has a lot of models. The one I use comes from their Vetta amps. It is a huge sweep, but doesn't get super trebly. I'd love a Parapedal, but those are quite expensive. They sound unlike any other wah, though. My wah from the early 80s is super noisy, and the bypass is terrible. They since have improved the design.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

What about them specifically? I have a Teese RMC-4 and I really like it for clean to moderate overdrive. Anything heavier than SRV or Led Zep and it tends to be too subtle though. I also have a Wilson Signature Wah on my main board for gigging with my Marshalls, which is based on the Clyde with four trim pots to fine tune the sound. I'm typically playing heavier stuff with it, so I have it dialed in a bit more aggressive than stock.
          Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          I have a 1990's Clyde, hand signed on the base. Lifetime warranty, as long as MIchael Fuller is alive. Has a wider sweep than my Thomas Organ CryBaby. Quieter and great tone, not abrasive piercing honk but smooth and vocal. Supposedly he was taking NOS and old inductors from military surplus and old VOX pedals at the time. (Not sure how they compare to whatever the source is now.)
          Those are my two faves. The Teese and the Fulltone. Very vocal.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I prefer the 535Q.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'll see yer Clyde and raise a WahFull.

Comment

I’m confused. The Clyde McCoy is made by Dunlop right? Why the reference to Fulltone? I’ve had a lot of wah pedals over the decades and at this point I’m done with the simple ones that are not flexible. I gave up my old Budda for a 535q a few years ago and that one can do it all.

Comment

fulltone makes a clyde std and clyde deluxe wah, very good pedals

Comment

There's also the original VOX Clyde McCoy pedal

Comment

Clyde himself had nothing to do with it but the guitar effect came to be because of his trumpet "wah wah" technique.

I have a JC-95 that I like a lot. The sweep frequency range control is great.

Comment

I have a very bassy tone so I love the Morley. Seeing they are designed for bass, keys, and guitar it allows me to play in the lower frequencies where my tone tends to live.

Comment

Working...
                        X