No announcement yet.

Need a boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered the Seymour Duncan, too. Can’t be too careful when you’re ordering pedals. Order a lot of them and you’re sure to get at least a few that you like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B23FBA4B-4B9D-4EFC-8127-2B0BC1BE020B.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	6040680
    La plouc

Comment

La plouc

Comment

Got one of these to act as a decoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F0E5EF0D-E8B7-4F26-B644-4BC2B717A8EE.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	6040693
        La plouc

Comment

Between those three (and your various OD pedals) you ought to have it covered!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
            Between those three (and your various OD pedals) you ought to have it covered!
            Let’s hope so. I might come up against some kind of velocity limit on my card.
            La plouc

Comment

The Duncan Pickup Booster is sweet, but the resonance switch is fairly useless. I used one with a Texas Special loaded Strat. Great for more umph.
              "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

The Chase Tone Secret Pre may also be a nice option. It works well with anything and may be the most versatile (with various types of gear) of the bunch but it basically does what the Catalinbread pedal and many others do. Another pedal you may like is the DryBell Unit 67 just to have around for some flavor.
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I'm waiting for an EHX "Allied Overdrive" in the mail;

it has a lo/mid/hi gain toggle switch, so it can work as a mild volume boost (with EQ) !

Maybe not the best clean boost, but I'm hoping to dial in some very light OD and mid-boost too.

-Erl
                  If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

The Walrus Emissary and the Whirlwind Bomb are also worthy of mentioning.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

One boost I use a lot is my MOOG Boost. It can be transparent or you can color the hell out of the tone and add all kinds of over-tones.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

I love the sound of the tc spark mini boost. It adds a little compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          The Duncan Pickup Booster is sweet, but the resonance switch is fairly useless. I used one with a Texas Special loaded Strat. Great for more umph.
                          the pup booster needs to be first inline for the res switch to really do much

Comment

I have a couple clean boosts and ODs that I rarely use now with my Kemper. I've really been digging this one and tempted to pick it up for miscellaneous boosting.
                            https://seafoampedals.com/products/clean-dirty-boost

Comment

Hey, boosts are great!

EQD Tone Job has EQ and boost

Many have vouch for the Keeley Katana Boost. 1 knob.

For a brighter character, ZVEX Super Hard On. Its FET based iirc. So is EQD Black Eye. 1 knob.

EQD Arrows is a bright mid boost. 1 knob.

Xotic EP Boost is a warm, sweet boost. 1 knob.

SD Pickup Booster looks cool. 1 knob

Emerson EM-Drive is a plush overdrive that can act as a boost

Greer Lightspeed is a cutting overdrive with a little fatness that can act as a boost.

SolidGoldFX has some cool boosts designed around certain diodes like FET boost or a BC108. 1 knob.

Comment

You can also use an OD or Compressor as a booster if you already have one of those that you aren't already using

Comment

Working...
                                X