Need a boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Alright, just don't get so crippled with choices you can't even riff anymore.
    Oh, was there a time when I could have avoided that?
    La plouc

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
      This thread is proof that the pedal game can get out of hand quick. Beautiful stuff!
      Dude, we are just talking boost pedals the simplest circuit of them all. Yep, this crap can get deep real quick and expensive.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

Of the following, can any act as a clean boost?

Catalinbread Epoch Boost
        Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster (current production)
        TC Electronic Spark Mini
        Mosky MM Silver Overdrive
        La plouc

Comment

The SD Pickup Booster will do a clean boost. Put the Resonance switch in position 0 and turn the Gain up to the desired level.
          I miss the '80s (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Is there any difference in the circuit of the Duncan pickup booster from the older style graphic and the newer style?

Comment

Originally posted by TMD View Post
              Of the following, can any act as a clean boost?

Catalinbread Epoch Boost
              Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster (current production)
              TC Electronic Spark Mini
              Mosky MM Silver Overdrive
              iirc, the Spark Mini's sole purpose IS to be a clean boost. And quite a massive one at that (up to +20db).

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                Is there any difference in the circuit of the Duncan pickup booster from the older style graphic and the newer style?
                the only difference is the old ones didnt go down to 0 db boost

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

the only difference is the old ones didnt go down to 0 db boost
                  Ahh....I see it now. The old ones went to 6db at the lowest setting. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Dude, we are just talking boost pedals the simplest circuit of them all. Yep, this crap can get deep real quick and expensive.
                    Oh I know....

You are talking to a very well seasoned veteran....lol.
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Even worse people that dismiss a product they never used because they read something on the internet.
                      See . . . I mostly agree with you on this . . . But I also once owned a MetalZone because I (incorrectly) didn't believe a Boss pedal could be as bad as the internet said.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well, plug that Pickup Booster in, I wanna hear about it! Did it show up yet?
                        Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

No. It’s coming by USPS, and they are taking their sweet time.
                          La plouc

Comment

EHX "allied overdrive" (full size model)

Hands down, the best clean boost, overdrive, distortion I have ever played, heard -and/but OWNED!

Gonna rock it hard this evenin' ... my Blackstar suddently takes on it's "Marshall" clothes! \m/

buy it, you will never regret.

-Erlend
                            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                              EHX "allied overdrive" (full size model)

Hands down, the best clean boost, overdrive, distortion I have ever played, heard -and/but OWNED!

Gonna rock it hard this evenin' ... my Blackstar suddently takes on it's "Marshall" clothes! \m/

buy it, you will never regret.

-Erlend
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	613B45DA-F381-4049-BDB6-DD7CFAAF1A2D.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	6041597
                              La plouc

Comment

I think now you should start on delay and reverb pedals.
                                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                                X