How many pedals do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many pedals do you own?

I started one of these polls a few years ago, but I couldn’t find it. Here goes. How many pedals do you own? Corollary: How many pedals own you?
    3.33%
    0%
    2 -3
    3.33%
    4 - 9
    16.67%
    10 - 15
    20.00%
    16 - 20
    6.67%
    21 - 30
    20.00%
    31 - 40
    6.67%
    41 - 50
    6.67%
    Over 50
    16.67%
    La plouc

I used to have about 62, but I sold most of them. Lately I have been building back up. After the Great Christmas Binge of ‘20 is over, I’ll have 42. And I won’t stop until I’m back up over 60. Probably not even then, either.
    La plouc

Comment

I cringe when I think of the money I have spent over the years on gear.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

When I counted them, I was surprised that I own 8. I get more out of my twenty-some amplifiers.
        I miss the '80s (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), 59(b)/59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Sorry that you had to sell so many pedals.

I’ve sold 34 over the past 3 years and in the same time period bought 6. Although this summer a bought a few rack goodies. I’ve been playing with a core of about 15 pedals the last two years, I’m seriously contemplating if I should be selling a chunk of the rest. I’m planning on taking a look this break. I think my number is hovering around 100.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It depends. I've never been enamoured with the pedal format, which I consider a necessary evil at best, and as I decided to move into high-end multi-effects a few years ago I sold off my collection. I think that I only have two pedals left from before then: an early OD-1 I couldn't bring myself to sell and a modified DS-1 (courtesy of our Rid/Human Typhoid fellow) that I couldn't get to sell. Since then, I have acquired a DC-2W, which I don't think has yet been modelled well enough (except perhaps in the newest Axe-FX). Do I count my multi-effects units (G-System and HX Effects)? I also use a an active buffer (though without an actual pedal mechanism) and a passive stepdown/up double transformer to make the former work well with my effects loop. So... three, five, six, seven or eight, depending on how you count.
            Last edited by Sirion; 12-21-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I have maybe a dozen totally broken pedals also -all digital pedals pitched at gigs in the 90s and I took them out of trash and made into a couple good ones and saved the other for parts -all of them are Boss digital delay/reverbs (DD3s, DD5s and REV) as those well known to die if dropped hard or shaken badly and be unserviceable by Boss

I think Boss had a poor quality chipset run from the IC maker around 1997/98 or so if I remember correctly.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

78-ish.

See "Where do they sleep" thread for pics of most.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have no clue but they are everywhere in this house, probably somewhere around 30 - 40 if I were to guess.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

11 if you include the channel switching pedal for the amp.
                    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400
                    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I used to have a bunch and sold them all off a few years ago. Acquired a few over the last couple years. Got 3 just this year (one was a gift).

Boss OD-3 (x2)
                      Boss DM-2W
                      Keeley Compressor
                      MXR Script Phase 90 (the gift)
                      Dunlop JC-95 Crybaby
                      Tech21 Fly Rig 5 v2 (probably doesn't count though as it is essentially my "amp").

I forgot the 4 boosters that I made. Two Rangemaster clones (one from the Java Boost schematic), a Mosfet Booster (AMZ FX design) and what I call a Marsha Valve booster (essentially the front end of a Marshall JMP/JCM through the first half of V1). I hardly use them now but no plans on letting them go.

Add one to the list. I got an EVH 5150 Overdrive for Christmas.
                      Last edited by ErikH; 12-27-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                        11 if you include the channel switching pedal for the amp.
                        I don’t.
                        La plouc

Comment

Ok then 10 it is
                          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                          Jackson Soloist 7 string
                          ESP LTD M-400
                          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Not very many for a guitarist...maybe a total of 15?
                            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Not very many for a guitarist...maybe a total of 15?
                              Do you still have your TS-7?
                              La plouc

Comment

Working...
                              X