banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which distortion with fuzz face and ts808?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always put the compressor before gain. Gain wil add even more compression, but that's where it sounds the best to me. There are no rules about this...I say, experiment!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

what fuzzface? i ask because they dont always play well with other dirt boxes. i love my sunface but it doesnt play well with a vox overdrive i wanted to pair it with. i run it into a dls and it works great. if you dont plan to stack, then it doesnt matter

Comment

Compression before gain unless you are insane.

I made up that line years ago to help remind me but there are no rules and it always depends on what pedals are being used but it is "typically" a wise rule of thumb to put compression early and before gain.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          Compression before gain unless you are insane.

I made up that line years ago to help remind me but there are no rules and it always depends on what pedals are being used but it is "typically" a wise rule of thumb to put compression early and before gain.
          I did it that way for years, but a friend always ran his compressor after his ODs . . . and sounded great doing it. He could change the whole gain structure of the OD with his volume knob and picking dymanics but didn't have to deal with drops in volume.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I did it that way for years, but a friend always ran his compressor after his ODs . . . and sounded great doing it. He could change the whole gain structure of the OD with his volume knob and picking dymanics but didn't have to deal with drops in volume.
            That way can work well if not using super high gain...at least in my experience. I am always on the heavy side and doing it that way for me hasn't;t been as successful as the way I initially mentioned. Everybody is different, likes different things and has different gear and all of that can change things for sure. The key is finding what can work for you and what you have and be at peace with it. (sometimes easier said than done).
            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I love compression, but I do t see what that has to do with the thread.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Did the OP ever decide on a pedal

Comment

Between those choices, RAT is more versatile especially if you find a modded version with different diodes, or if you get the FAT RAT which IIRC has a Silicone and FET clipping option.

FET or LED (Turbo RAT) will have a bigger bottom. I bet it'll be great for rhythm. Need to tighten it up? Stack the TS in front. Lead? TS again, solo or stacked. Seems like you got your bases covered.

However, RAT has a very particular tone so depends if that's what you want / what genres you play. Then again, that can said for the Dist+ and DS-1 too

Comment

I like the MXR disto+ but I voted for the DS-1 : it makes you three nice different sounds.
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                    X